Model Cars Magazine Forum

1994 Ford Mustang GT Convertible Pace Car

mrmike

Thanks J. Pierre, Carl and David!  As usual, I forgot to paint the side view mirrors and I pulled them out of the box and painted them red.  They should be black to match the trim!  What was I thinking?

4 hours ago, mrmike said:

Thanks J. Pierre, Carl and David!  As usual, I forgot to paint the side view mirrors and I pulled them out of the box and painted them red.  They should be black to match the trim!  What was I thinking?

I’ve been there.  I have painted the engine compartment semi-gloss black on some 79 and later Mustang models and go back and look at pictures of the real ones and realize they were body color.

Just for the heck of it, I added the seat belt harness to the interior with a piece of photoetch and some belt material that I had laying around.  I removed the original seat belt hangers from the seats, added photoetch hangers, seat belt material, a little super glue and wha-laa!  Seat belts!

94Must25.JPG

94Must26.JPG

94Must27.JPG

Edited by mrmike
  • Like 1

I tore the front suspension apart as I didn't like the high riding suspension.  I took my hobby knife and a file and removed some of the material from the front suspension in an effort to lower the nose of the car.  So far, it looks pretty good, but I may do more.

More Pace Car to come...

94Must31.JPG

94Must32.JPG

94Must33.JPG

The stance is all wrong and I have been filing the front suspension to fit over the front frame of the chassis around the engine plus I am trying to clean up the mess I have made.  I'm not sure why the front sits so high, but I will try to get it lowered some.  
More Pace Car to come...

94Must34.JPG

94Must35.JPG

94Must36.JPG

Thanks Curtis!  I was tempted to lower the back of the car, but that seemed to be a lot of work that I didn't really want to do.  The front of the car was enough with all of the sanding involved.

• Like 1