Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Charger

Bronzekeg

Hi i just got one of these kits yes it has a engine and chassis it's a simple chassis and the one i got was all molded in black plastic and you can build it stock it's what you got in the 60's i like it a simple build but fun i have both this one and the Revell i like both.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, slusher said:

Ken,  does this kit have an engine and chassis?

It's the old General Lee kit. Has a steel axle through pin holes on the rear. The axle sits between the stands for the axle holes. The front has two stands and two plastic pins that goes through the wheel backs and glues into the holes in the stand. Very cheap made kit. I used it to build the bad guy's car from the 1986 tv movie the "Gladiator" Had Robert Culp in it, Rick Dees the girl from the Robo Cop movies too. 

100_5672.jpg

100_5668.jpg

100_5683.jpg

100_5674.jpg

• Like 1

I got the engine work started. wish it wasn't molded all in black. there's enuff flash from the old molds to pour three more kits. hehehe.... they definitely half cheeked the interior and chassis. I have a can of burnt orange I might use on the body.

DSC01196.JPG

DSC01197.JPG

DSC01198.JPG

DSC01199.JPG

12 minutes ago, Bronzekeg said:

engine about wrapped up and starting on the interior.

DSC01201.JPG

DSC01202.JPG

Looks good, but that dist. sits in there at an angle. That's why the valve cover had the slanted cut to it on the side there. Not complaining, just informing. lol 

206_750x750_Front_Color-NA.jpg

17 hours ago, dwc43 said:

Looks good, but that dist. sits in there at an angle. That's why the valve cover had the slanted cut to it on the side there. Not complaining, just informing. lol 

206_750x750_Front_Color-NA.jpg

just one of the shortcomings of this kit. dist. base comes molded in the water pump in the vertical position.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Mopar - D said:

Ken the chassis and interior look great. It seems funny that they have front seat belts but none in the back. 

thanks Dan, I got some paint on the body finally. I mocked it up with the chassis to get a feel what it will look like.

DSC01218.JPG

DSC01221.JPG

DSC01224.JPG

DSC01225.JPG

DSC01226.JPG

DSC01228.JPG

DSC01229.JPG

• Like 2