Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wip 1/8 79 Trans Am

Fantom

It’s always been my plan to add lights to the car, head lights tail lights…everything. I built light buckets for the taillights and will use rechargeable batteries hidden in the trunk area. I want to have access to the charging chord with out disassembling the whole car so I am using magnets to attach the rear spoiler and am going to run the chords behind the gas filler door. 

IMG_6065.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Made some progress…finally got color on the body, factory matched Heritage Brown, from a local supplier…I have a new radiator, core support, charcoal cannister, and battery tray from a 3 d printer. Interior is coming along nicely, dashboard is almost complete using 3D printed instrument bezels, Pioneer head unit, made new steering wheel stalks, still waiting on some decals for instrument panel. Seats and door panels got the chrome trim that Monogram left off, door panels are done, waiting on decals for the herringbone pattern for the seats. I also converted the console to accommodate a 4 speed shifter.

IMG_6826.jpeg

IMG_7091.jpeg

IMG_7089.jpeg

IMG_6959.jpeg

IMG_7125.jpeg

IMG_7186.jpeg

IMG_7185.jpeg

IMG_7184.jpeg

IMG_7176.jpeg

IMG_7208.jpeg

IMG_7207.jpeg

IMG_7197.jpeg