Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

1987 Buick Grand National

87 Grand

It's looking awesome! It's one of my favourite cars too. Engine detailing looks very good, painjob is very nice and I like that interior too. Slicks tires are looking good and here in Finland on the 80's were two Drag Race Buick Regals. They ran in Stock car category. :lol:

I tried painting a model black once, I think it was 1962 or 63, haven't tried that again.

Nice job on this build, love that interior and you pulled off the black paint job.

Sounds like you are overdue to give it another shot. It is, after all, just another color paint. No magic involved.

I missed hauling the GNX's . Before the Buick GNX , I hauled a New Experimental powed plant in a Buick (with the clamshell hood like Saabs) . It was a FF2 and surprising fast . I hauled it from out East to my home Terminal . This was the 1984 MY . I wonder where this engine went as far as a production Engine ?? Thanx ..

• 3 weeks later...

Love your GN, very very clean work. I remember going to a Buick dealer with my dad in '87, he was looking to lease a Century from his company at the time. I remember one on the show room floor and a salesman explaining to me about the muscle car era (I was 8 years old in late '87). That interior is exactly what I remember.

• 4 years later...