Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 G.T.O.

Bronzekeg

On 10/3/2022 at 3:08 PM, TransAmMike said:

Do it up right there Ken.Β  Other than the '66 Chevelle SS (since I actually had one), the '66 GTO is at the top of my favorite cars. I did mine in Yellow since my wife had a '66 yellow Convertable.

thanks Mike, I'm going to put forth some effort to make it nice. I like all the 60's pontiacs.

This Revell 66 GTO is one of my favorite kits. I have built a couple of stock versions and the racing version of this kit. Tim Boyd wrote a nice article on it a few years ago in another magazine.Β  Nice job on the engine! If I could offer one suggestion - clean up the sprue attachment points on the air cleaners with a sanding stick and then touch up the paint. That way it will not detract from your nice work on the engine. Good luck with the rest of the build!Β πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

6 hours ago, ModelcarJR said:

This Revell 66 GTO is one of my favorite kits. I have built a couple of stock versions and the racing version of this kit. Tim Boyd wrote a nice article on it a few years ago in another magazine.Β  Nice job on the engine! If I could offer one suggestion - clean up the sprue attachment points on the air cleaners with a sanding stick and then touch up the paint. That way it will not detract from your nice work on the engine. Good luck with the rest of the build!Β πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘

thanks for the advice, my eyes aren't what they once were. I need to rotate them.

I found out if I put this aqua over a black base coat it comes pretty close to marina turquoise. it appears to look nice with the wheel and tire combination. I think this is the route I'm going to take. with the driveshaft installed I'm calling the chassis done. need to paint the wheel center caps emblems.

DSC01483.JPG

DSC01480.JPG

DSC01486.JPG

DSC01485.JPG

DSC01488.JPG

• Like 1