Model Cars Magazine Forum

Spec Cast 1934 Ford Sedan Delivery

Hoffman

3 hours ago, Zen said:

Looks good! Found one of these earlier this year.

Thanks, Zen! I'm tempted to do just a few more mods. I think I'll make up some 1934 license plates for it, add cowl lights, add horns, and a rear view mirror.

Changes I've made so far:

• I've gone over the grille and panel lines with black Tamiya 'Panel-Line-Accent-Color'
  • Painted the bumper brackets gloss black.
  • Painted the interior flat black in areas that were red; the A-pillars, door frames, headliner.
  • Painted the rubber portions of the running boards flat black.
  • Took apart the wheels and tires so I could paint the glossy sides walls flat black.
  • Went over the wheels with black panel liner to give the spokes some depth, then re-touched them with yellow, then clear gloss.
  • Put her back together and shot some pictures. The 'before' pictures at the bottom were on ebay.

23 hours ago, Gramps46 said:

Good looking Ford especially after you got done with your added detail.

On 10/12/2022 at 12:32 PM, Ace-Garageguy said:

Good looking model. Some of those Spec Cast and Liberty Classics pieces are really pretty nice, especially for the price.

Bill, Gary, thank you guys!! I always appreciate seeing what you're up to with your latest builds, your thoughtful posts, and kind words. Have a great weekend!

-TIM-