Model Cars Magazine Forum

revell Peterbilt kit

On 10/17/2022 at 10:51 AM, K Trailers said:

Has anyone had trouble with the revell Peterbilt 359 I think rig kit staying together. I've used the testers blue tube then used the red tube glue. Still having trouble with it like I wanna throw the thing.

throw that junk away and find you a liquid or a CA (super glue medium or thick) that you like.. everyone has their own opinion on glue . for liquid i like plastruct plastic weld & weld on 4..Ca glue's i get mine off eBay along with kickers, tips & de-bounder..i use mostly medium & thick CA with a kicker while im building..in all my building years (and im pretty darn old) i found out you dont have to buy that brand name Ca glue ..its all the same..

41X5QJ4ADqL._AC_.jpg

image.jpg

DSC01683 (2).JPG

SAM_0100 (2).JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yep, even with the “snap” 359, it’s best to glue it. And like it’s been posted above, CA (super) glue and the liquid solvent cements are best no matter which kit it is, they’ll make your building process go so much better. For clear parts, use canopy glue or Micro Krystal Klear. 

Edited by vincen47
  • Like 1

For close fitting seams I use Tamiya quick setting cement in the square green bottle. Seams with gaps I will use 5 minute epoxy or  good old Testors red tube glue.  Superglue (CA) in thin, medium or thick is also very popular with a lot of folks on here. Make sure to get rid of flash to get the best fit possible.

• Thanks 1