Model Cars Magazine Forum

52 minutes ago, webestang said:

Here is my 85.....

It's got the 2.3 in it for now....

And my 81 I had from 1983-88. 

That 85 is very clean,  perfect candidate for a v8 swap.

Here is a 92 calypso hatch I recently built.  I sold it not too long ago.

20220429_175220.jpg

20220429_172442(1).jpg

• Like 1

In 1984 my girlfriend's father had a '79 Mustang Cobra he bought new. At five years old it was the most wretched car I had ever driven. Pretty much everything inside and out was broken, faded, cracked, distorted, the paint was falling off of it, and the 5.0 was profoundly gutless. The car in the OP reminds me of it.

Kinda looks like my 79 Ghia Coupe that’s been sitting here for 32 years, guy bought it from me and it’s been sitting in the same spot ever since.

I’ve been trying to get it back but the guy is never around to talk to him 😢

B1856CAD-933C-4E9C-BDCF-F34476FAA23F.jpeg

• Sad 1

On 11/12/2022 at 5:45 PM, Keef said:

Kinda looks like my 79 Ghia Coupe that’s been sitting here for 32 years, guy bought it from me and it’s been sitting in the same spot ever since.

I’ve been trying to get it back but the guy is never around to talk to him 😢

B1856CAD-933C-4E9C-BDCF-F34476FAA23F.jpeg

After 32 years you have to wonder just how much moisture those leaves have trapped in the cowl area, or if there even is any of it left. 

On 11/16/2022 at 2:57 PM, espo said:

After 32 years you have to wonder just how much moisture those leaves have trapped in the cowl area, or if there even is any of it left. 

It's probably rotted out but the cool thing is parts are available to fix about anything on it. 

16 hours ago, webestang said:

Drove by her today...the windshield is smashed. 

I've often thought that if I caught somebody actually in the act, I'd kinda like to nail their feet to the pavement and hit 'em in the face with a shovel.

Yup, you think wanton destruction is fun?

Let's teach you all about it.

EDIT: Even though the car may appear to be "abandoned", the fact it's been moved would indicate otherwise. So NOW, instead of just having to deal with the age-related deterioration that was already there, somebody will need to cover the windshield area to keep water from destroying whatever's left of the interior, rotting the carpets and floors out, etc.

So not only is the act of smashing the windshield a stupid, mindless, gutless attack on an inanimate object that can't fight back, it's become a personal attack on the person who owns the poor thing, reducing the value even further, and stealing time and money from whoever will have to deal with the consequences.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
  • Like 2

In 1980 I purchased a brand new 1980 Ford Mustang Cobra with the 2300 cc turbo 4 and TRX suspension, manual shift. I sold it in 1983 when I purchased my 1960 Corvette (I still have the Vette). At the time I owned I also owned a 1974 Toyota Celica as well as the Vette and Mustang.  I kept the Celica for winter driving. I often wished I would have kept the Mustang and got rid of the Celica  as the young lad I sold it to wrote if off within an year.

1980 Ford Cobra Mustang TRX fsvd=KRM02.jpg

1980 Ford Cobra Mustang TRX fsvp=KRM02.jpg

1980 Mustang Cobra=KRM-s.jpg

Edited by Kenmojr
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, webestang said:

Nice Cobra Ken!!!! I have a 1/24th scale promo of that same model in the same colors. 

Do you have a photo of it posted here as I would love to see it. Years ago I built the Monogram SVO Mustang-McLaren model. Sadly I no longer have the model as well as Tamiya 1/24 1970s Toyota Celica. I wish I still had both.

4 hours ago, Kenmojr said:

Do you have a photo of it posted here as I would love to see it. Years ago I built the Monogram SVO Mustang-McLaren model. Sadly I no longer have the model as well as Tamiya 1/24 1970s Toyota Celica. I wish I still had both.

I took fresh pics....the side mirrors are still in the little plastic bag. 

Vnx2Q6P.jpg

Thdcfrn.jpg

And in storage I have the snap kit, lower left. 

fdugoRE.jpg

• Like 2