Model Cars Magazine Forum

Spielberg to remake Bullitt

Jantrix

Oh yea,The Blues Brothers had some great chase scenes in it.My favorite was the chase through the mall.The French Connection chase was also great.And i heard that the movie directors and producers never got permission to even do the chase,with the exception of some scenes.There was also a great chase in To Live and Die in LA,and another (funny) chase in the movie in Short Time.I also found a behind the scenes of the chase in the 7 Ups.Great car chases,all of them.

2 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

Quentin Tarantino wanted to just leave it up to the viewers to make up their own minds up about what was in the suite case.

In my mind, it was something biblical with a spiritual aura since everybody who saw it instantly recognized it and was moved and awestruck. Ringo: "Is that what I think it is?"

I read an article and saw a picture of what was actually the prop for the movie.It made me laugh.Apparently it was actually a gold metal plate with a light bulb inside the case that went on whenever the case was open..But hey it could’ve been anything.

Edited by NYLIBUD

On 11/22/2022 at 10:29 AM, iamsuperdan said:

I thought the car chase in Ronin was just as good as the one in Bullitt. Possibly more exciting.

On 11/22/2022 at 11:08 AM, Rob Hall said:

Ronin had a good cast and great chases, IIRC the cars were an Audi A8, BMW 5-series (E34 generation), Mercedes 6.9/450 SEL (late 70s), and various Peugeots..

On 11/22/2022 at 12:48 PM, PowerPlant said:

Ronin had two major/prominent car chases. The first one involved an Audi S8 and Mercedes 450 SEL (W116) chasing down a Citroen XM, accompanied by a couple Peugeot 406, down to the French riviera, while the second one was a Peugeot 406 chasing a 5 series BMW (E34) through the Paris rush hour. 

Okay, I found Ronin on Pluto TV and TRIED to watch it, an exercise in pure frustration. For some reason it won't let me see the last half-hour or so, but I DID get all the way through the main car chase, so feel competent to comment on it. 

Absolutely first-rate car chase, well worth comparison to Bullitt, and very likely even better. There were homages to a number of car-chase classics including Bullitt, French Connection, Terminator, several James Bond movies, To Live and Die in L.A, and even Days of Thunder. I found it difficult to connect on an emotional level with the chase, however, and I think this is probably because the cars themselves were (IMHO) a bit lackluster and boring in comparison to Bullitt's two well-known, much-loved Star Cars. But, overall, the rating is Very Most Way SnakeworthyB)👍👍

BTW, there's another excellent car chase in the recent Netflix movie Day Shift. If you haven't seen it, I can highly recommend it. B)

• Like 1