Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lotus 72D, Emerson Fittipaldi, Pocher, 1/8

Well, my family were very kind to me this year, so here goes...

Boxtop.jpg

instructions.jpg

instructions-open.jpg

Given how good Airfix (or Lego) instructions are these days, I reckon in this respect at least Pocher could up their game...

first-box.jpg

What could be in here?

first-box-open.jpg

Let's have a closer look...

silver-sprues.jpg

black-sprues.jpg

fine-black-sprues.jpg

Plastic sprues...

wheels.jpg

Wheels, and then...

small-parts-tray.jpg

die-cast-tray-2.jpg

...between the different photos I realise I've missed the pre-printed plastic sidepods, but they are in the box. Also, in a real "devil in the details" moment, there's a bag full of no less than 12 different sorts of screw, and another with 6 different types of tube or wire...

More in the near future, after I have finished the MGC Sebring...

best,

M.

• Like 2

Well, that's a really interesting question... I'm not sure what those parts are! If you look in the picture immediately above the two pictures of the polystyrene trays of diecast parts above, you can see the wheel rims to the left -- they have black painted cross-shaped centres on both front and rear wheels. The rims I photographed with the trim parts above seem to be alternative fronts, with pure cone shapes, but I can't find them mentioned in the instructions!

best,

M.

Edited by Matt Bacon

I guess the silver rings with the gold cones should go on the rear rim and the separate silver rings on the front rims

I do think its a great model, I lover the color scheme. Looking forward to your updates 😉

Edited by Dinky

Doh! Yes, you're right -- I still haven't got my head around how BIG this thing is. I should have looked at the rear tyres and seen just how wide they are. Yes, the valleys in the outer edge locate the tyres firmly. The little hole in the inner edge is where the inflation valve moulded (and painted) on the rear face of the outer half-rim locates when you join them together.

best,

M.

Edited by Matt Bacon

I have no facebook either, i'm abusing my wifes phone occasionally  😉

There is a group called 1:8 @ 1:12 scale builder - Deagostini Eaglemoss etc... you need to be a member but that contains posts with info and pictures

Edited by Dinky

2 hours ago, Dinky said:

There is a group called 1:8 @ 1:12 scale builder - Deagostini Eaglemoss etc... you need to be a member but that contains posts with info and pictures

We tried searching that and couldn't find it, I'm afraid. There's a deAgostini Eaglemoss group, but no one building a Lotus (seems very much the partworks, not Pocher), and nothing comes up for |"1:8 @ 1:12 scale builder." Can you post a link to the home page, or even a search that finds it?

best,

M.

• 1 month later...

I hate 'plugging', but in this case I think it might be helpful. There is a large Pocher Enthusiast facebook group, it already has a couple of the Lotus build threads, some straight out of the box, some very extensive and some in between.

It has quite good info of the mishaps in the kit and how to work around it.

I just started a 'inspirational' build, I received a kit from Pocher to be build on the socials. I decided to go not straight out of the box (I did that with the Ducati I got from them) but build it as a modelkit builder, without spending a fortune on upgrades.

My own Lotus will be build later and will be more extensive.