Model Cars Magazine Forum

'49 Meteor Mild Custom - refresh

Phildaupho

I built this 1949 Meteor Mild Custom back in 2008 before I joined this forum.  Meteors were sold in Canada at Mercury dealerships and featured Mercury like trim. The first rendition of this model featured many Cadillac tie ins. Cadillac engines swaps into shoebox Fords were very popular in fact there was a shop on Long Island New York that specialized in these swaps and called them - Fordillacs. Initially my model had a Cadillac air cleaner, Cadillac scripted valve covers and Cadillac sombrero hubcaps. The body has frenched headlights and taillights and the door handles were shaved. The AMT '49 Mercury supplied the grill. The suspension was lowered using blocks in back. The paint is Tamiya Pearl Green.

2vkDftUhximYT.jpg2vkDftbCximYT.jpg2vkDf6YCximYT.jpg2vkDfidgximYT.jpg

I eventually robed all the Cadillac parts except the engine for use on other projects. As a first week of the new year project, I decided to freshen the Meteor up. The reverse chrome wheels with baby moons are from the AMT ’49 Mercury and are mounted on parts box white wall tires. Under the hood the Cadillac engine is still there but has carbs and air cleaners from the Revell ’49 Mercury.

2v2eaTBa2ximYT.jpg2v2eaTBHoximYT.jpg

• Like 6