Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Odds & Ends you'd Like to See

On 8/8/2023 at 7:47 PM, Can-Con said:

I don't think anyone's mentioned the little hood scoops for '69 'Cuda 383 and 340s. 

They've never been included in the kit but very similar ones were included on the MPC '69 Camaro as a custom option.

I did have a set from the Camaro but after a move and 3 floods, there they are,,, gone.

1969 Plymouth Cuda - The "First Cuda" - My Dream Car

1969 Cuda hood scoops placement | For A Bodies Only Mopar Forum

1969 Cuda hood scoops placement | For A Bodies Only Mopar Forum

Fireball Models has a beautiful set of the Cuda scoops. Check it out.

https://fireballmodels.info/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Mike C. said:

I used to use about a 6'4" to 6'6" thruster. If you need me to send you the finger board to scan I can. Who knows. They might sell pretty well.

20221225_141442.thumb.jpg.2f2c4ca9470fae54f29218482b3adc2b.jpg

20221225_141453.thumb.jpg.618ca573c4a678b30dc96cd245865f8d.jpg

I'm going to make it scale 6 ft long because that's already more than I want to do It's going to take 7 hours to make them Not a lot of resin but 7 hours because of how big they are and it'll be your job to clean up the bottom where the supports are

6 minutes ago, 68shortfleet said:

I'm glad you recognize that before even getting started on making a few.

I get it with louvered parts requests too.

The bigger issue with the surfboards is that you can go find a surfboard that's probably around the right size and a cheap toy and get it cheaper than I'm going to make it for I'm not dumb even though it's a popular item to put say on a beetle or a bus or maybe the back of a truck people aren't going to want to pay me to resin print one when they can go buy a cheap plastic one from some toy cheaper not going to make it most likely

While some of the kits come with some nice vintage style boards. I have yet to see a single short border with 3 fins. The finger boards are all too big. 

Anyway,  I hope you  are wrong and the wind up selling quote well. I hope they prove to be worth your while. You might be pleasantly surprised. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...