Model Cars Magazine Forum

The on again, off again 1971 Ford LNT8000 otherwise known as project procrastination .

Hello all, I hope everyone is doing good. Three years ago to this date I purchased the Ford LNT8000 Snowplow kit with the intention of doing it as the plow. However, I decided to do it as a tractor and have from time to time have picked her up done a little bit, got bored and started another project and later on went back to it. This time I have decided to get it finished within the next month or so. This is the progress thus far on "Hilda". Yes, I have some touchups to do. The fuel tanks, correct the crappy job I did on the left front hood emblem, and a few other things I find. Probably will go with "weed burner" exhaust. All in all not a terrible job, but I know I could do much better. The next time I build one.559483228_Hilda001.jpg.243df0e6f30c00f1b5055399820cdf31.jpg559483228_Hilda001.jpg.243df0e6f30c00f1b5055399820cdf31.jpg

Hilda 003.jpg

Hilda 002.jpg

Edited by JerseeJerry55
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, JerseeJerry55 said:

Scott the WT9000 is potentially a future production item?

Sorry, I guess I should have made it more clear, I am working on it for 3D printing. I have finished the W1000, the sleeper version.  I need to do a few final things to the day cab version, then the W9000 will be next.

Charles has it now and is working on getting it to print.

Edited by Oldmopars

7 hours ago, JerseeJerry55 said:

Interesting. I have questions. Interior bucket, dash seats, etc. would be 3D printed? Interior glass as well, or source elsewhere? Use a Freightliner, or Transtar 4070A for the donor chassis?

Yes, if you see the post, the complete interior will be provided. Bucket, dash, steering wheel, seats, etc. No glass. The glass is flat and can be cut out of sheet clear available from Hobby Lobby or other hobby shops. 

Donor is whatever you want to use. No matter what chassis you chose, modifications will be required. A COE would be a good start, but any can be made to work. 

As I said, Charles is working on the final details of getting it to print. Once done I will build one to show what it will look like on a chassis and painted. 

If this goes well, the GMC Cracker Box, Dodge L series and a Ford H conversion are all planned. In time, I may even try to do a few other trucks from the 50's-70's that were never kitted. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...