Model Cars Magazine Forum

LouverWorks resin parts

Introducing LouverWorks, 1/25th scale louvered parts for you vintage car. Along with a few other resin parts.

This started when I modified a 1/24 Monogram 32 Ford Louvered hood to fit a 1/25 Revell kit and was disappointed in the final appearance of the louvers. 

I am now making louvered parts that match the louvered hood sides that are in some of the Revell 32 Ford kits. Along with a few different wheels.

Hoods for 32 Fords. 

Hood/hood sides/gas tank cover for the Monogram 33/34 Ford(ZZtop).

Roof insert for Revell 30 coupe

Wheels to fit the tires in the Revell 32 Fords(except Roadster). Radir style and Halibrand style. The Halibrand style started as the wheels in the Revell 32 Roadster that fit the extreme big/littles in that kit only and were resized to fit the big/little tires in the Revell 32 Ford 3w/5w/sedan kits with the American 5 spokes.

And smooth center Halibrand style wheels to fit Monogram 41 Lincoln tires. 

I plan to be selling a GSL this year, come say hi. Vendor space should be towards the rear of the room next to Flashpoint Resins.

LouverWorks

Jason

Lookabillj@gmail.com or Instagram LouverWorks

20210816_181124.jpg

20221008_090505.jpg

20230427_151004.jpg

20230428_193508.jpg

16827358287816893980544600413657.jpg

Edited by 68shortfleet
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Paul Payne said:

Jason, do you have a web aite yet, or other way to contact you?

You can email him.

Lookabillj@gmail.com

or message him through here...he's a cool guy to work with.

Edited by Calb56

5 hours ago, Calb56 said:

You can email him.

Lookabillj@gmail.com

or message him through here...he's a cool guy to work with.

Thanks Charles

4 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Jason, it's good to have a name to go with your products now when I recommend them to people.

Guys, Louverworks quality is high, and customer service is great. Buy with confidence. 

Thank you Craig

2 hours ago, Jon Haigwood said:

These louvered parts are top notch , I used a 32 hood on my last build and I am very happy with it.

Any thoughts on a louvered 33/34 trunk ?

If you have set of 33/34 hood sides bring a set to the next meeting please 

Thanks Jon. Hadn't thought about a 33/34 trunk, but it wouldn't be terribly hard to do I don't think. 

Would it be preferred to have it for the AMT kit or the Monogram kit?

1 hour ago, 68shortfleet said:

Thanks Charles

Thank you Craig

Thanks Jon. Hadn't thought about a 33/34 trunk, but it wouldn't be terribly hard to do I don't think. 

Would it be preferred to have it for the AMT kit or the Monogram kit?

I have two of the AMT kits but they are 5w, I also have the ZZ Top 3w. I like them better on a 3w, My current project is a Ron Cash resin 3w. I do have the plain trunk section that I removed if that would help you.

2 hours ago, Jon Haigwood said:

I have two of the AMT kits but they are 5w, I also have the ZZ Top 3w. I like them better on a 3w, My current project is a Ron Cash resin 3w. I do have the plain trunk section that I removed if that would help you.

Jon, is this what you are looking for?

20230428_145523.jpg

3 hours ago, Tuffy's Garage said:

Just take my money how can I order a few 32 hoods and is there a list or web site to see all this stuff

I'll be at GSL next weekend.

Email Lookabillj@gmail.com, message on Instagram, PM message on MCM.

No, there is not a website. 

Jason - LouverWorks

• Like 1

I have ordered a variety of '32 hoods, the '30 roof insert and the '33/'34 (ZZ Top) set consisting of the side hoods, top hood and gas tank cover (or rear skirt as some call it). All of these parts were top notch quality and fit perfectly. Communication, shipping time and packaging left absolutely nothing to be desired. I would highly recommend both the product and the service. 

Now, if I may add, it would be great to see the "product line" grow with Louvered trunk for the ZZ Top kit to go with the rest of the parts. Also louvered side and top hoods for both the '29 roadster and the '30 coupe would be great. If those are in the works, sign me up for at least three of each. 

I so much wanted to go to GSL. But it is way too far for me. I used to live in Colorado and kept saying "I'll go next year" and I never did. Now I'm in TN and it is way too far. I am however going to the Heartland Nationals in Overland Park and if you decide to be there also, I'would love to get few more pieces and chat. 

Good luck at the show.

Thanks for the kind words MRM.

Funny you mention a louvered deck lid for the Monogram 33/34. Just a few days ago I got a kit deck lid out and have it polished and almost ready to add louvers to it. 

Also working on a hood and deck lid for the AMT 33/34 Ford.

The hood and hood side for the 29/30 is a bigger challenge since we don't have a stock or kit part to work with. However, you are not the first to ask for it, so I plan to see if I can make these. But do I make it for the 29/30 grill shell or the 32 shell? 

55 minutes ago, 68shortfleet said:

Funny you mention a louvered deck lid for the Monogram 33/34. Just a few days ago I got a kit deck lid out and have it polished and almost ready to add louvers to it. 

The hood and hood side for the 29/30 is a bigger challenge since we don't have a stock or kit part to work with. However, you are not the first to ask for it, so I plan to see if I can make these. But do I make it for the 29/30 grill shell or the 32 shell? 

Oh... you can never have too many louvers! Would the 29 Ford pickup hood fit the newer 29 roadster? 

1 hour ago, 68shortfleet said:

That's a trick question. I would go for one set of hoods that fit the '29 roadster with its stock grille shell and one set oh hoods that fits the '30 coupe with the '32 grille shell. 

Side hoods should be somewhat easy, as they could be fashioned from the '32 side hoods. They will need to be lengthened. I huess you could go in a similar fashion creating the top hoods. I made a top hood for my Revell recent issue '29 Roadster from the hood in the old AMT '29. It worked perfect, just needed to be made slightly longer. If you can add louvers to it, would be great.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 5:54 PM, Calb56 said:

Oh... you can never have too many louvers! Would the 29 Ford pickup hood fit the newer 29 roadster? 

The issue is Revell lengthened the frame through the engine area, so none of the stock hoods available are a drop on. With a little work someone could make it happen though.

• Like 1

I had the pleasure of meeting up with Jason at the GSL. He introduce some beautiful pie-crust whitewall slicks as seen on the Monogram 'Lil Coffin but re-engineered to fit AMT and (with very slight modification) Revell wheels. I managed to get some before they promptly sold out!

I think LouverWorks is a great name. Jason also showed a pretty ex-ZZ Top coupe showing off his newly introduced louver sets for that kit, including a handsome louvered valance panel that sits below the rear deck. I consider the Revell '32 Ford louvered hoods to be basic material for any Deuce hot rod modelers. Jason explained to me the challenges they present in properly casting them which may be why they hadn't ever been offered up til now. I'm confident that LouverWorks will find them to be well worth the effort.

On 5/5/2023 at 11:39 AM, mrm said:

Now, if I may add, it would be great to see the "product line" grow with Louvered trunk for the ZZ Top kit to go with the rest of the parts. Also louvered side and top hoods for both the '29 roadster and the '30 coupe would be great. If those are in the works, sign me up for at least three of each. 

On 5/5/2023 at 4:25 PM, mrm said:

That's a trick question. I would go for one set of hoods that fit the '29 roadster with its stock grille shell and one set oh hoods that fits the '30 coupe with the '32 grille shell. 

Side hoods should be somewhat easy, as they could be fashioned from the '32 side hoods. They will need to be lengthened. I huess you could go in a similar fashion creating the top hoods. I made a top hood for my Revell recent issue '29 Roadster from the hood in the old AMT '29. It worked perfect, just needed to be made slightly longer. If you can add louvers to it, would be great.

2 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

The issue is Revell lengthened the frame through the engine area, so none of the stock hoods available are a drop on. With a little work someone could make it happen though.

Full hood sets for the recent Revell '29/30 Ford kits would be really useful as I believe this kit will sit alongside the Revell Deuces as basic material for hot rod modelers. I recently did a '29 Roadster with a full hood and a Deuce grill and found that it was a surprisingly simple combination as all that was needed was the shave the leading edge of the hood slightly to accomodate the very slightly narrower contour of the '32 Ford grill shell I was using. But that was an AMT '29 Roadster body on Revell '32 Ford chassis rails with a Revell grill shell. (BTW, the standard Revell '32 Ford grill shell fits easily between the Revell '29 Roadster chassis rails so you don't necessarily need to use Deuce shell that comes in the '30 Ford coupe.)

One final note. With the recent issuing by the German Revell entity of the modified Stacey David kit with the DuVall windshield there is no longer an in-production kit with louvered hood sides. So, alongside the louvered hood tops and rear decks LouverWorks might considered re-popping the old Highboy Roadster/Goodguys louvered hood sides to complete the set.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bernard Kron said:

I had the pleasure of meeting up with Jason at the GSL. He introduce some beautiful pie-crust whitewall slicks as seen on the Monogram 'Lil Coffin but re-engineered to fit AMT and (with very slight modification) Revell wheels. I managed to get some before they promptly sold out!

@chris chabre looks like these are available now. I know you're eager to get some.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bernard Kron said:

One final note. With the recent issuing by the German Revell entity of the modified Stacey David kit with the DuVall windshield there is no longer an in-production kit with louvered hood sides. So, alongside the louvered hood tops and rear decks LouverWorks might considered re-popping the old Highboy Roadster/Goodguys louvered hood sides to complete the set.

Just to add to the above comment about the side hoods; The louvered side hoods from the different issues and reissues of the Revell '32 kits are not all the same. The side hoods in the older Roadster kit have obviously different louvers than the latest 5 Window kit. Therefore I would second the opinion that it may be a good idea to mold those too, in order to guarantee a perfect match of the louvered on the top and side hoods.

Now, on a separate note, in all the Revell '32 Ford kits, the upper half off the gas tank is a separate piece. That little piece would look great with some louvers. Also it would be really cool if just a generic flat panel of just louvers is available, where one can cut them and apply them to whatever - belly pans, side of the frame rails, fill in panels between the frame and bed on highboy PUs etc.. The other day I saw a '32 highboy chilling on my grocery store parking lot, that had louvered headlight buckets. I kid you not. Also I would gladly prepay for few louvered panels that could be grafted the full length of the Revell '32 Tudor Sedan. 

Also, where can we see the aforementioned piecrust whitewalls?

• Like 1

Here is the the modified pie crust slicks with the center filled in so you don't need the oddball wheels(second pic) they were originally designed for. They now are intended to be able to use most AMT sized wheels and with a little work enlarging the center a tiny bit, can work with several Revell wheels too.

Also in the works is a louvered hood and decklid(pictured) for the AMT 34 5w kit. And louvered decklid for the Revell 32 3w kit.

17 minutes ago, mrm said:

Just to add to the above comment about the side hoods; The louvered side hoods from the different issues and reissues of the Revell '32 kits are not all the same. The side hoods in the older Roadster kit have obviously different louvers than the latest 5 Window kit. Therefore I would second the opinion that it may be a good idea to mold those too, in order to guarantee a perfect match of the louvered on the top and side hoods.

Now, on a separate note, in all the Revell '32 Ford kits, the upper half off the gas tank is a separate piece. That little piece would look great with some louvers. Also it would be really cool if just a generic flat panel of just louvers is available, where one can cut them and apply them to whatever - belly pans, side of the frame rails, fill in panels between the frame and bed on highboy PUs etc.. The other day I saw a '32 highboy chilling on my grocery store parking lot, that had louvered headlight buckets. I kid you not. Also I would gladly prepay for few louvered panels that could be grafted the full length of the Revell '32 Tudor Sedan. 

Also, where can we see the aforementioned piecrust whitewalls?

Hood sided are a possibility, and I like the idea of a louvered gas tank cover for the Revell 32's, so good possibility there too.

The idea of the generic flat panel could be done. On that idea, at GSL last weekend, I put out a box of "blems". These parts had good louvers, but had a flaw somewhere on the edge or backside. I sold a lot of them for the exact purpose of grafting them into something else. The 30 roof insert works really well for this as it's close to flat.

Quick tip: since resin parts will "warp" if exposed to heat, use this to your advantage and you can form a 30 roof to the contours of a different roof if you get it warm/hot.

20230509_121706.jpg

20230509_122006.jpg

20230509_122037.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 68shortfleet said:

Here is the the modified pie crust slicks with the center filled in so you don't need the oddball wheels(second pic) they were originally designed for. They now are intended to be able to use most AMT sized wheels and with a little work enlarging the center a tiny bit, can work with several Revell wheels too.

Also in the works is a louvered hood and decklid(pictured) for the AMT 34 5w kit. And louvered decklid for the Revell 32 3w kit.

Hood sided are a possibility, and I like the idea of a louvered gas tank cover for the Revell 32's, so good possibility there too...

20230509_121706.jpg

That was quick! Now I don't need to take a pic. Looking forward to the 3-window version as I just finished that conversion a current project and would love to avoid doing it again, LOL - plus I'm sure you'll a proper job whereas I as I'm far from convinced I did...

The louvered fuel tank lid would be a cool "modern traditional" accessory, kinda like the louvered valence you did for the ZZ Top coupe you did. Speaking of which you might want to show the guys of pics of that sweet '34 you brought as well as a very special black Deuce you had. Actually both are deserving of their own Under Glass postings!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bernard Kron said:

The louvered fuel tank lid would be a cool "modern traditional" accessory, kinda like the louvered valence you did for the ZZ Top coupe you did. Speaking of which you might want to show the guys of pics of that sweet '34 you brought as well as a very special black Deuce you had. Actually both are deserving of their own Under Glass postings!

Few pics of some I built. 

20230502_205630.jpg

20230502_205806.jpg

20230502_205854.jpg

20230129_060113.jpg

20220108_160324.jpg

16836632511401445376758073193697.jpg

Edited by 68shortfleet
  • Like 2