Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT/Italeri Ford LTL9000

Finished up today! This one was quite a challenge. Had to repaint the bumper 4 times, trim/shave the cab mounts many times to fit properly, and a whole lot of other little problems. But it's all done now and it looks better than I expected! Here's the mod list per usual in no particular order= fully plumbed chassis, scratchbuilt air dryer assembly and fuel filter lines. 3d printed: exhaust stacks, 2 hole rear rims, lollipop lights, sleeper lights, bumper, and hood ornament.  Modified Italeri Peterbilt steer rims, rubber mudflaps, and custom made decals. Enjoy!

20230604_235511.jpg

20230604_235540.jpg

20230604_235620.jpg

20230604_235803.jpg

20230604_235914.jpg

20230605_000106.jpg

20230604_235922.jpg

20230604_235848.jpg

20230604_235842.jpg

20230604_235718.jpg

20230604_235544.jpg

20230604_235625.jpg

20230605_000054.jpg

• Like 4

Sharp lookin rig. Have you or anyone ever cut out sleeper doors and finish interior ? I never had an intrest in building  a rig but the amount of parts and detail possibilities intrigues me. But I know NOTHING about them

• Like 1

How are you building these so fast and so good!?   I know you just introduced a couple of trucks last week which were also fantastic!

I really like this one, the overall finish is top notch and I like what you did with the frame.  The glossy red finish fits perfect.  I always thought semi gloss or flat finish would look better for the frame, but this really looks superb.

And all of the upgrade pieces do make the truck look quite special including the exhaust pipe ends spitting outwards!  Nice job~ 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cifenet said:

How are you building these so fast and so good!?   I know you just introduced a couple of trucks last week which were also fantastic!

I really like this one, the overall finish is top notch and I like what you did with the frame.  The glossy red finish fits perfect.  I always thought semi gloss or flat finish would look better for the frame, but this really looks superb.

And all of the upgrade pieces do make the truck look quite special including the exhaust pipe ends spitting outwards!  Nice job~ 

How am I building them so fast? Once I get in the groove, I can build for hours on end lol plus I guess it's just experience building these kits from memory over time! I appreciate the kind words too. These rigs aren't as good quality as yours, but I'd say they're pretty close😎

13 hours ago, happy grumpy said:

Another great one for the fleet Alex. I hope you have a lot of parking space for all those beautiful rigs.

Haha barely any space left where I am, I'll be getting more soon though thankfully!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Doug 1061 said:

Well done.  These Fords of that era were some of the best looking trucks ever built.   I was wondering if this kit can be built as a day cab.

Yes it sure can be built as a daycab. There are resin daycab panels out there, and you can always modify the kit sleeper panel to work

3 hours ago, TruckerAL said:

Yes it sure can be built as a daycab. There are resin daycab panels out there, and you can always modify the kit sleeper panel to work

Thanks, good to know.  I always avoided this kit for that reason.   That and the price.  I'll have to go shopping next time I have a Franklin burnin' a hole in my pocket.   They look good pulling an end dump.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...