Model Cars Magazine Forum

SCOTT PRUETT'S IMSA MUSTANG

chris coller

Another great one Chris!

Did you do anything special with the kit decals or apply as normal? By that I mean did you clear the decals in case of cracking?

I really want to get a hold of the JPS Mustang kit. The black and gold always look good to me. I hope I can build it just as nice as yours when the time comes.

Chris

nice work man. that is a great looking car. for old decals, they came out really nice.

i have 10 or 12 of those IMSA mustangs. need to get busy and build one. if it would come out as nice as yours, than it would look great in my collection of pigs.

chris, you do some excellent work. keep on posting. :lol:

Edited by fordsixty

Thanks guys. I just love this kit. Also have the 7-11 and the Folgers version of the IMSA cars. I am planing on doing the

7-11 Mustang but worried about the decals. They seam opaque, to much blleed through for me. If I can pick up another set it will get built.

Dave my man, if you decide to paint them stripes you are a saint and good luck. The decals were very stiff. So I busted out the blow drier and the micro sol and got to it. The old glue I had to strip off so to speak in warm water and use micro set to get them stubborn decals to set. I love these type of cars.

• 3 years later...

Beautiful job, I just got a factory sealed one and was worried most about the decals, but they look fine. I couldn't believe there were no tire maks on the glass either. These were great kits, wouldn't it be nice to see Revell reisuue some of the old road race kits.

Back to your car Chris, Very nice job, Clean work.

Happy Modeling, Vernon