Model Cars Magazine Forum

Maserati 3500GT

Hard_2_Handle_454

Picked up the kit because I wanted another exotic car to add to the collection.  I thought the car looked beautiful and finally found a kit at a good price.  That's all I've got good to say.

The kit itself is garbage.  The fit is awful, the directions vary from vague to just wrong, the prongs to fit in the holes are for ants, and no thought was put into how it was to be built.  It was a frustrating build that made me want to quit.  The clear plastic is messed up because it said to install the windshield from the inside, but it doesn't fit that way........doesn't quite fit from the outside either, but it does fit better than the inside.  The muffler hangs down vertically.  The exhaust that connects to the other muffler, I had no idea how it was supposed to be installed.  It didn't fit any way I tried to place it.  The front tire look like a low rider, but they're installed right.  The windows have poor fit.  One was a tight fit and the other was too small.  One door fits perfect and the other sticks out a bit.  It is frustrating, but I guess it looks ok.

52996924004_2c72fea5f9_k.jpgSAM_1394 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

52996924009_1678292eab_k.jpgSAM_1395 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

52996779216_b2583b10a5_k.jpgSAM_1396 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

52996779226_ec1624a0c9_k.jpgSAM_1397 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

• Like 6

I know how you feel. Bronco was perfect.paint job went great.best model I ever built. Every one since has been a nightmare. Some mine(not paying attention mostly or too soon),but man,the fit,instructions or just glue that won't stick... son bought me the amt 69 gtx and I hope it goes like the bronco or I'm done .

4 hours ago, jeffp60 said:

I know how you feel. Bronco was perfect.paint job went great.best model I ever built. Every one since has been a nightmare. Some mine(not paying attention mostly or too soon),but man,the fit,instructions or just glue that won't stick... son bought me the amt 69 gtx and I hope it goes like the bronco or I'm done .

My 69 GTX was one of my better kits  44394993781_67d23240da_k.jpg1 (76) by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

Use tape for the stripes.