Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 VW Karmann Ghia by Revell

Mittagskind

Thanks for putting up the information about the VW Type Numbers Hanjo. 

Those links made interesting reading. The Type 34 is what I thought quite wrongly to be a Mk 2 version. I can remember driving one way back in the 70's when delivering it from one garage to another.

A type 34 would make an interesting companion kit to the one you built , but it probably will never happen as the car is a less familiar VW model.

Edited by Bugatti Fan

41 minutes ago, Bugatti Fan said:

Thanks for putting up the information about the VW Type Numbers Hanjo. 

Those links made interesting reading. The Type 34 is what I thought quite wrongly to be a Mk 2 version. I can remember driving one way back in the 70's when delivering it from one garage to another.

A type 34 would make an interesting companion kit to the one you built , but it probably will never happen as the car is a less familiar VW model.

I´ve taken these pictures at an exhibition in Berlin last year.

52119681014_2b88d50cc4_c.jpg.37dfc5e01715b12ef1dfd97ec8f53d74.jpg52118414177_3816a3a186_c.jpg.d1f3cb4263e78a4af37cd3533e580a39.jpg

Great job Hanjo!  Looking forward to seeing some engine pics when you have time.  I have both 1/16 Revell VW kits sitting on my shelf since the 90's.  This Ghia and the 1951/52 Kafer.                      Just waiting to find the right color combination for them.  Your's is great.   

4 hours ago, Joe Lange said:

Great job Hanjo!  Looking forward to seeing some engine pics when you have time.  I have both 1/16 Revell VW kits sitting on my shelf since the 90's.  This Ghia and the 1951/52 Kafer.                      Just waiting to find the right color combination for them.  Your's is great.   

Thanks a lot Joe. I often use airbrush cans from the building supplies store for painting. Therefore the selection is smaller. But most of the time this have been alright. Please have patience with the pics.

• Thanks 1