Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

‘65 Chevy II

JET.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

On 7/15/2023 at 6:06 AM, James2 said:

James, incredible job with the detailing on this Chevy. From the rust to the worn paint, to the stitching on the seats and all the other subtle touches. The thing I noticed first was how you lapped the window trim so as to look like the 1:1 pieces. You should be proud to display this one, Great Job.

Thanks wasn’t sure anyone would notice the window trims lol!

On 7/15/2023 at 3:24 AM, '70 Grande said:

Very nice build with incredible paint finishes; please share how you achieved that look to the paint on the trunk lid and over most all of the body... (I don't need to know about that Blue front fender because that's the one painted area I think I know how you got the finish)!

Thanks!, I just airbrush different shades of the same color for variations, then use tube oil paints for final weathering, any rust is just painted on with craft acrylics.  I use Mr.color lacquer paints for everything else

• 1 month later...
On 8/22/2023 at 11:44 PM, CabDriver said:

This is a KILLER build - really well done!  

@JET. - one thing I was really impressed with was the perfect scale flake on that Mooneyes steering wheel - what base did you use on that?  It looks great!

Awesome build! 👍🏻

Thanks I use Mr.color GX208, 
I have some nostalgic drag cars and hot rods in the works also with this as the base

IMG_5388.thumb.jpeg.7e5ba7c0be77d7cf9ac9b78e47a03612.jpeg

• Like 1