Model Cars Magazine Forum

I have no knowlage on posting photos.

2 hours ago, Craig Irwin said:

Anyone want to school me? Do I need a host service? Phone or camera?

the site offers free posting for us since the photobucket mess a few years back. if you look in the box below as you are posting you will see a drag files or choose files option. I tend to use the drag and drop method before writing my post then add the pics in using the insert option below the pic (I've circled where it is in red as it disappeared when i tried screenshot it). use the other media option for video.

Untitled.jpg

Pretty much like attaching them to an email..... click 'choose files' ( or you can drag and drop like Les ), pick your picture from your files, then 'insert into post' once it's uploaded. You do have to be careful of where the cursor is in the body of the post, because that's where the pic will go..........

I've never tried posting directly from my computer before. Thanks for explaining it guys.

BTW, this is the pic I use for my avatar on the music sites I belong to. I took it a couple years ago and it was not staged.

This was taken along a side road to a lake I was working at. The deck caught the corner of my eye as I was driving by. It was about 20 feet from the road. looks like it was there for a while. 

No, I didn't take it with me, I left the scene undisturbed. Looked too cool to touch. 😉

375a-3509-4745-872d-1163bb06f38c.jpg

27 minutes ago, Craig Irwin said:

OK, how do I start "files" to post? I really know nothing.

Just klik on the response box and it pops up in a light blue strip at the bottom of the response box. 

Just look directly below what your typing and there it is. Just klik on "choose files". 

5 minutes ago, Craig Irwin said:

I don't have any files. Let's say I take a picture on my model, with a camera or my phone. Now what do I do?

I upload the photos from my phone or camera to my computer to icloud or Google photos. I have that set to do it automatically. Then I download the photos to my desktop and drag them to the site the way that has been described above.

I use a camera, it's an older one. I got a memory card reader from WalMart. Once I've taken my pics, I just remove the memory card from the camera, slide it into the reader, and plug it in to the computer. The computer automatically sends the photos into the proper file......

2 hours ago, redscampi said:

I upload the photos from my phone or camera to my computer to icloud or Google photos. I have that set to do it automatically. Then I download the photos to my desktop and drag them to the site the way that has been described above.

This is what I do (Google Photos). I take a picture with my phone, and it appears in Google Photos within a few minutes. Download it to the PC, and add it to the post.

• 3 months later...