Model Cars Magazine Forum

Converting a International Paystar 5000 to a first gen 5600

Stretched the frame an 1 1/4 in so that I can add larger fuel tanks. Tank in pic is for mock-up, I will scratch build fuel tanks and battery boxes with steps. Wanted to keep wheelbase as compact as I can for a heavy hauler. Need to clip the rear of the frame and save the hinge portion (for the dump bed) for another day/project. Any good ideas for a headache rack with storage boxes?0D7233A9-F3DB-4BD9-8B26-0511AA3A9743.jpeg.5228be4fef5b3820e817e0cca7c5c4b7.jpeg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bigred63 said:

Gary, that looks good! The frame extension gives it, the right look! Have you decided, what are you going to build?

I think I am going for an industrial look 3 axle tractor for my 53 ft, 4 axle drop deck trailer. Just need a really cool headache rack to build. 

On 8/16/2023 at 4:24 PM, Gary Chastain said:

Had several Moebius wheels sets with bad chrome. Soaked in the purple pond, then experimented with several chrome paints. The Rust-Oleun Bright Coat metallic finish was the finish I was looking for. 33FBB614-9D7C-4837-831C-C42ECE9FA637.jpeg.f074201c14489bb76a23d8fddd1c6705.jpeg

Nice Progress. Just Curious, the Rustoleum, did you shoot straight out of the can or decant into a airbrush? The wheels look great. I have a can of that stuff but haven’t tried it yet. It seems to give a nice polished aluminum look.

17 minutes ago, tractoraholic said:

Nice Progress. Just Curious, the Rustoleum, did you shoot straight out of the can or decant into a airbrush? The wheels look great. I have a can of that stuff but haven’t tried it yet. It seems to give a nice polished aluminum look.

It started as an experiment, just spraying from the can and it worked really well. Just repeated that process for the wheels but took my time. Happy with the look. 

• Like 1