Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell VW Corrado

54 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

I am incredibly disappointed.

Have been waiting for this kit for a long time, and this is now the second review I've seen that clearly shows just how poor this kit is.

But because I'm a dummy when it comes to VW, I'll probably still pick one up.

me too, lol. my biggest gripe with it is the roof. they have the roof far too flat from side to side. i've been tempted to swap the fujimi mk2 golf roof in to replace from 2mm inwards on the roof. the edges they got right, just messed the middle up. the front seats are pretty bad too and everything else is a simple fix or upgrade if you use the revell mk1 golf as a donor. also if you want to make it a vr6 you'll need to widen the front arches half a mm as it has wider fenders. I just need to decide which engine to put in it and how many of them

I finished building one that i started years ago and i agree with the review,the windshield wouldn't fit properly,the engine wouldn't line up with the exhaust,it'll be awhile before i ever try to build the other Coupe/Convertibles in my stash!

Not sure what everyone was expecting, the only "new" thing about this kit was making a new top section for the body mold to put the roof "back on" after the original was permanently butchered into a Cabriolet. Otherwise it's the same pile of mediocre it's always been.

On 8/23/2023 at 10:24 PM, niteowl7710 said:

Not sure what everyone was expecting, the only "new" thing about this kit was making a new top section for the body mold to put the roof "back on" after the original was permanently butchered into a Cabriolet. Otherwise it's the same pile of mediocre it's always been.

Haha, what I was thinking.