Model Cars Magazine Forum

ICM 1911 Ford Model T Touring car

Matt87

I started June 10th and just finished. I airbrushed Testors gloss dark blue and gloss black for the body paint. I built right out of the box but I did add ProTech braided line to replicate the spark plug wires because I felt it was a good resemblance. And I did scratch build the spark plug terminals for the trembler coil box under the hood. And I rubbed the white rubber tires in dirt to make them look used. It's the oldest car I have ever built a model of next oldest would be my amt 25 T roadster. It was my 1st ICM kit and I am impressed overall. Although brass plated parts would have been nice to have.

20230831_082340.jpg

20230831_082308.jpg

20230831_082328.jpg

20230831_082301.jpg

• Like 4

Excellent build!  

Good move to dirty up the treads of the tires.  Early auto tires were white or 'gum' - actually colorless - in appearance because the tire industry had not yet adopted the practice of using carbon black to color (and strengthen) the rubber.  

I believe this kit is 1/24.  It's on my short list, and Matt shows why!

• Like 1

Yes it's 1/24 scale like old monogram kits. After building this I will be buying more of ICM's model t kits. It's nicely detailed and the fit was great. Only issue I had was the top was slightly warped but I used super glue to put it on and used 2 spray cans to hold it down. Thar fixed the warp. Although I'm not a big Ford gut I always have liked the Model T because it is so significant to the American automobile industry and it changed everything. It is a very important car.