Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 71 Mustang Boss 351 silver

randyc

4 hours ago, Keef said:

All these stunning Mustang builds are making me want to get 2 or 3 of this kit! Absolutely great work!!

I'll probably get whatever version they do next.  I feel certain there will be several versions.  I really want a Mach1 as that was almost my first car.  

On 9/12/2023 at 8:59 AM, randyc said:

Here's my build.  I'm sure there will be a ton of these soon.  I used Duplicolor wheel paint to get close to the pewter.  Close enough for me and I didn't have to shell out more money for paint.  I had this on hand.  

I went with blue interior to be different.  

IMG_20230912_085008474.jpg

IMG_20230912_085018793.jpg

IMG_20230912_085037802.jpg

IMG_20230912_085134493.jpg

IMG_20230912_085110567.jpg

IMG_20230912_085105918.jpg

Randy, you did this kit proud.  Big congrats from this corner.  And needless to say, I agree with your conclusions about the kit and its relevance in today's market.  Very best...TIM 

• Thanks 1

On 9/17/2023 at 4:34 PM, tim boyd said:

Randy, you did this kit proud.  Big congrats from this corner.  And needless to say, I agree with your conclusions about the kit and its relevance in today's market.  Very best...TIM 

Thank you sir.  That's heady praise coming from you.  Lol. 

Modelers often talk about "Golden Age"... we may be on the cusp of the next "Best Era" of models ever produced.  I know there is a lot of expense to produce a new kit, but the imagination runs wild with the possibilities.  

Even if kit makers were to retool only parts of a kit and use existing bodies, that could give us a lot of new material. 

I'm looking forward to seeing the things that come next.