Model Cars Magazine Forum

Day 9 of decals.

randyc

I'm on day 9 of decals on this build.  I put on a few a day and let them set up.  This may be the most extensive set of decals I've ever done.  Loving it.  It is rekindling my interest in NASCAR builds.  Still don't care about the sport that much, but love the cars.   This will sit beside my Mustang GT4 build.  

IMG_20230912_101341115.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 months later...
On 12/11/2023 at 8:10 PM, vairnut said:

Very Nice Build Randy!  Just picked up this kit and would like to know if you painted the body and if so what color did you use on it?

Hey, sorry to be so late in replying.  I did not paint the body.  I think I put some Gloss floor stuff on it just to make it a little easier. My new project is the Interstate battery car, so another extensive set of decals.  Full wrap.  

On 12/18/2023 at 8:52 AM, MarkJ said:

Thanks for staying at it. You did a wonderful job. I however hate to do extensive decal work. I guess it's my age and the fact that my dexterity is not much there anymore.

I'm getting older but still love a good set of decals.  I did real car graphics for several years, so this is still fun to me.  My eyes are the weak part

On 12/21/2023 at 11:03 AM, r60man said:

Before you do a very shiny cover on the decals you may want to find some close up photos of the 1:1 car. With todays wraps instead of paint many of the newer NASCAR cars are a flat, or even satin appearance as opposed to glossy.

Right.  I never go for too much gloss on anything I build, so that works. 

• 4 weeks later...