Model Cars Magazine Forum

Iceman Collections Resin Engines

This is my second engine from Iceman Collections and IMO the quality is outstanding.  Very little cleanup and smooth resin parts.  The top two pics are of the BAE Top Fuel engine and the last two pics are of the Blown Supercharged Hemi engine.

20230919_104422.jpg

20230919_104412.jpg

20230401_104958.jpg

20230401_104300.jpg

• Like 5

I'm sorry but the mechanic side of me can't let this go.
The BAE engine looks weird because of the spark plug location and the strange shape of the valve covers.
Real BAE engines are based on the 426 Hemi and the valve covers looks like this,  they have the spark plug location in the same place as on the original 426 Hemi covers...pretty much in the middle and not near the top like they are on a Ford 427 SOHC.

colored-head-covers-1.jpg.13c17e257e0be3d765c42719de1f312f.jpg

The blown Hemi is also a bit strange, the blower drive belt goes from the water pump and has no connection with the crank shaft below wich only has the harmonic damper on it, this setup will not work as you have no drive for either the water pump or the blower, because the crank should have pulleys there to drive them both as it's the only thing that can do that.
Here is how it should look like, the blower drive goes from the crank up to the blower and an idler wheel wich is there for the tension of the belt, the water pump is not a part of the blower drive and has a separate V-belt to drive it and the pulley for that sits behind the blower drive pulley on the crank.

18557513_1631114300272497_8064210652877043973_n.jpg

Edited by Force

23 hours ago, Force said:

I'm sorry but the mechanic side of me can't let this go.
The BAE engine looks weird because of the spark plug location and the strange shape of the valve covers.
Real BAE engines are based on the 426 Hemi and the valve covers looks like this,  they have the spark plug location in the same place as on the original 426 Hemi covers...pretty much in the middle and not near the top like they are on a Ford 427 SOHC.

colored-head-covers-1.jpg.13c17e257e0be3d765c42719de1f312f.jpg

The blown Hemi is also a bit strange, the blower drive belt goes from the water pump and has no connection with the crank shaft below wich only has the harmonic damper on it, this setup will not work as you have no drive for either the water pump or the blower, because the crank should have pulleys there to drive them both as it's the only thing that can do that.
Here is how it should look like, the blower drive goes from the crank up to the blower and an idler wheel wich is there for the tension of the belt, the water pump is not a part of the blower drive and has a separate V-belt to drive it and the pulley for that sits behind the blower drive pulley on the crank.

18557513_1631114300272497_8064210652877043973_n.jpg

I hear ya man.  Good quality parts even if it isn't a perfect match to the 1:1.