Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Judge

Hard_2_Handle_454

This is the new Revell GTO.  I had gotten one of the older kits in the early 2000's, but botched the paint job.  Ever since I have wanted a new kit.  The body in the new kit is pretty nice........and that's all I have nice to say about the kit.  I don't remember the old kit being this bad.  I thought I was building an AMT kit.  The interior is just a tub with not a lot of detail.  The chassis has some detail, but the suspension is not that detailed; and the engine bay?  It may as well not even have had one.  The fire wall has no detail, the engine has little detail, and the rest of the bay is pretty open.  The fit of the front and rear is also bad.  I had to trim the chassis to get the front on, and the trunk hangs over the top tail lights.  I also don't understand why they would have you paint the marker lights in front.  Make a recess there and have a plated piece fit in there that can be translucent painted.  

Over all though, the kit didn't come out looking too bad.  

53239204756_3debc3c277_k.jpgSAM_1471 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

53238335972_ee1e272910_k.jpgSAM_1472 by Eric Lucas, on Flickr

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...