Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ghost hunting.

Mike C.

We went on a ghost walk at a historic building near where I grew up. The one shot has a lady dressed to look like a ghost but the house is said to be haunted.  They had a bunch of actors in the house to make for a Halloween atmosphere.  Outside of the barn, they had a fire pit with a bunch of hay balls to sit on and we told whatever ghost stories we had. Any body have any of their own ghost stories? 

20231020_213146.thumb.jpg.cac724f723b1b78a40959d001974b566.jpg20231020_210528.thumb.jpg.b200448cfa077db323b66553ab27e709.jpg

My wife's been plagued with "night visits" since we bought this house. 

Wakes up screaming and swears something was in the room. It rushed her once while in bed and one afternoon she felt a hand on her shoulder while she was at the kitchen sink, I was on the other side of the room at the time.

The last incident, she felt something on her in the bed. A black "shadow" kinda thing. It got close to her face  , , she actually BIT IT !! 😲

Still blows my mind that she did that.  She hasn't seen it since.

I, on the other hand have never seen anything.

20 some odd years ago, me and friend used to go camping on is parents farm. If we stayed by the creek in the bottom, we stayed in tent. If we stayed on top of the hill, we stayed in a camper.

Strange things were happening out there all time... 2 instances for example...

There was something running around the campsite one night. You couldn't see any and when it crossed the creek, it didn't stir up the water in any way.

But the weirdest.. we were playing cards in the camper one night. The usual things had took place... stuff falling out of the cabinets, what have you... out of nowhere, you could hear kids outside all around the camper. Sounded like a playground at a elementary school. Scared the BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH out of us. When we got our whits about us, we kicked the door open and everything went silent... We actually packed up and left that night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KWT said:

20 some odd years ago, me and friend used to go camping on is parents farm. If we stayed by the creek in the bottom, we stayed in tent. If we stayed on top of the hill, we stayed in a camper.

Strange things were happening out there all time... 2 instances for example...

There was something running around the campsite one night. You couldn't see any and when it crossed the creek, it didn't stir up the water in any way.

But the weirdest.. we were playing cards in the camper one night. The usual things had took place... stuff falling out of the cabinets, what have you... out of nowhere, you could hear kids outside all around the camper. Sounded like a playground at a elementary school. Scared the BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH out of us. When we got our whits about us, we kicked the door open and everything went silent... We actually packed up and left that night.

That's not the first time I heard the kids playing g sound stories.

17 hours ago, Can-Con said:

My wife's been plagued with "night visits" since we bought this house. 

Wakes up screaming and swears something was in the room. It rushed her once while in bed and one afternoon she felt a hand on her shoulder while she was at the kitchen sink, I was on the other side of the room at the time.

The last incident, she felt something on her in the bed. A black "shadow" kinda thing. It got close to her face  , , she actually BIT IT !! 😲

Still blows my mind that she did that.  She hasn't seen it since.

I, on the other hand have never seen anything.

I was working with a plumber some years ago and he told me he and a group went to Penn Hurst asylum and he swears he felt someone grabbing him by the shoulder when no one was there.

Edited by Mike C.

My dad sold his house in Doylestown PA a few years ago and retired down to Florida. The house was built in 1914 and sits on an historic street. Supposedly, one time, all the kids were playing in the back room and a few of them reported seeing a woman in period attire looking at them with a disapproving look on her face. Ever since then, every time I found myself alone in any room in that house, I would challenge the ghost to show itself to me. She never did.

Lately, I discovered this guy Art Bell who had a radio show in witch people would call in with their own ghost stories. Some pretty interesting stories.

art bell ghost to ghost - YouTube

8 hours ago, Mike C. said:

That's not the first time I heard the kids playing g sound stories.

Same... it was the first and last time I had experienced it.

The most unnerving thing to happen was a little while after my grandmother passed. I had moved in to her house to take care of the place til she recovered and could return home, which unfortunately never happened.

I woke one morning to the smell of bacon cooking like someone was fixing breakfast and the sound of a walker sliding across the floor. I felt the bed move as if someone leaned into it, and some one shaking my shoulder as to try to wake me. I did not turn over... soon the sound of the walker started again like it left the room and all the smells went away.

I've never believed in ghosts really cuz I've never seen one... not that I want to... but I have no explanation for that or the camping stuff... I have always loved the stories and accounts though.

And I used to watch shows like ghosthunters all the time.

Edited by KWT
  • Like 2

I like a few of those ghost shows also. A few I can't stand. I never experienced anything touching me or smells, but I have heard of some from others.

I was on the infamous Dupont estate digging test pits (with a backhoe) for over a week. We went over to the house where the murder happened and walked around the house taking pics with our digital cameras. Neither of us went in. It was way too ominous looking. That night at home I found one picture of a window with green leaves reflecting off the glass that resembled the face of an anguished sprit. In the pane next to it looked like the face of a dog. I wish I still had the picture, but I downloaded it to my old computer and lost it when it crashed.

I grew up in a haunted house that was built in 1911. 4 out of 5 of us in the family saw a dark figure of a man from around 1900 wearing a dark suit repeatedly over the years. mom and dad were workaholics so the house was spotless inside and out and sold immediately after their passing to a couple that couldn't wait to move in. they only stayed a couple of months before moving back to an apartment and lost money when they sold it. and no I'm not a paranormal t.v. nut I just know what I saw over the years.

• Like 2

Always glad to hear a personal story or two. To the nay sayers 🤔°°( Not being a religious fanatic) do you believe Christ? You know, the Holy ghost.

I've never been touched nor have I seen any apparitions. I have heard a females voice saying "come on in, I'm in here" at a friend's house when I entered at night to drop off some items when she was not home. I thought she had come home already so I went on in farther and turned on the lights while calling out for her. She wasn't there! No one was! When I told her about what I had heard she told me that I must have met her Grandmother who had lived and died in the house.. 

• Like 2

A number of years ago, we toured this place: https://prestoncastle.org/ It's not too far away and is an amazing building with an amazing history. We didn't feel anything weird, but several of the digital pictures I took contained orbs when I viewed them later. After some time, I looked at the pictures again and the orbs were gone.

In 2006 or so, we were house shopping and attended an open house at a home that was built in 1941 that was occupied by the original owners until the lady died there. I don't feel spiritual presence much at all, I think that they know that they can do what they want and I won't call a priest to evict them. However, as soon as we entered the living room, I felt the overwhelming sense that it was Christmas (90 degree day in September when we visited) and there were a group of men in old fashioned suits in the corner of the room fussing with a TV set from the early 50s even though the room was devoid of all furniture at the time we toured. It was a pretty nice house for its day in this town, just under 2000 sf, 3 bedrooms, two baths. Large detached two car garage in the back, with an attached den and fireplace on the side. (Hello, remote office 2020?). Spousal unit was making disparaging comments about the design, calling the house a "bowling alley" which describes many of the 40s and early 50s houses here. They were built on narrow but deep lots, and the joke is that you can set up pins in the main bedroom and roll a bowling ball from the front door. We wound up in the kitchen which was an unfortunate mashup of 40s galley kitchen and early 60s remodel. The original service porch was now part of the kitchen, with a washer, dryer and freezer. Not a place for someone who likes to cook without a serious kitchen remodel. Again, 90 degree September day, and the door to the back yard was open. No breeze whatsoever. After the third or fourth negative comment about the kitchen, the back door slammed closed with a loud enough bang that the hosting realtor came into the kitchen to see what we were doing. We were about 20 feet away from that door when she arrived and she seemed puzzled about how the door slammed so loudly. We are thinking that whatever spirits were there weren't quite through with the house, and they may have embraced me (somewhat) due to the fact that they were of Portuguese descent as I am (44% or so) but not appreciated the comments of my Scandinavian French Irish mutt partner. That was the only in the face spiritual experience I have ever had.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rodent said:

A number of years ago, we toured this place: https://prestoncastle.org/ It's not too far away and is an amazing building with an amazing history. We didn't feel anything weird, but several of the digital pictures I took contained orbs when I viewed them later. After some time, I looked at the pictures again and the orbs were gone.

In 2006 or so, we were house shopping and attended an open house at a home that was built in 1941 that was occupied by the original owners until the lady died there. I don't feel spiritual presence much at all, I think that they know that they can do what they want and I won't call a priest to evict them. However, as soon as we entered the living room, I felt the overwhelming sense that it was Christmas (90 degree day in September when we visited) and there were a group of men in old fashioned suits in the corner of the room fussing with a TV set from the early 50s even though the room was devoid of all furniture at the time we toured. It was a pretty nice house for its day in this town, just under 2000 sf, 3 bedrooms, two baths. Large detached two car garage in the back, with an attached den and fireplace on the side. (Hello, remote office 2020?). Spousal unit was making disparaging comments about the design, calling the house a "bowling alley" which describes many of the 40s and early 50s houses here. They were built on narrow but deep lots, and the joke is that you can set up pins in the main bedroom and roll a bowling ball from the front door. We wound up in the kitchen which was an unfortunate mashup of 40s galley kitchen and early 60s remodel. The original service porch was now part of the kitchen, with a washer, dryer and freezer. Not a place for someone who likes to cook without a serious kitchen remodel. Again, 90 degree September day, and the door to the back yard was open. No breeze whatsoever. After the third or fourth negative comment about the kitchen, the back door slammed closed with a loud enough bang that the hosting realtor came into the kitchen to see what we were doing. We were about 20 feet away from that door when she arrived and she seemed puzzled about how the door slammed so loudly. We are thinking that whatever spirits were there weren't quite through with the house, and they may have embraced me (somewhat) due to the fact that they were of Portuguese descent as I am (44% or so) but not appreciated the comments of my Scandinavian French Irish mutt partner. That was the only in the face spiritual experience I have ever had.  

If I bought a house someone died in, it would be something that living there you would always remember….

I'm not one of those people who get feelings that a place is a little off, but one-time years ago my friend's band were playing a gig at a place in NYC called Webster Hall (It used to be called the Ritz). We got there kind of early and set up all the gear. We had some time to kill so we were talking to the staff, and they told us to go looking around. We went all over that place, and I can remember telling my friend that if there is a place that's haunted, is that building

R (72).jpg

On 10/23/2023 at 9:32 PM, A modeler named mike said:

. To the nay sayers 🤔°°( Not being a religious fanatic) do you believe Christ? You know, the Holy ghost.

With all do respect sir, yes and yes. I have been reading everybody’s experiences. I hope there’s mor stories..

Edited by slusher
Added to my reply

4 hours ago, slusher said:

With all do respect sir, yes and yes. I have been reading everybody’s experiences. I hope there’s mor stories..

👍.. I'm sure there's plenty more stories. It's surprising how many people may be just a little apprehensive to tell their story due to judgement. I say let them judge! I know what I heard and there was no logical explanation and I'm ok with that. Not everything can be explained way. 

• Like 1

I remember the Afghan Whigs Black Love album. My friends band were on the road for almost 2 years opening up for Steve Erle and the Dukes. Steve was good friends with Greg Dulli (The frontman) and he told them stories about the studio they recorded that album in that was haunted and the cover art is incense burning trying to drawl out the spirits in the studio.

R (73).jpg

Edited by Mike C.

I forgot this one from a wile ago. My friends sisters family live next to a house that has an enormous amount of paranormal activity.  There are countless stories and professionals have been brought in that have confirmed all of the stories. This photo was taken some years ago.  I'm pretty sure it's the barn on the property. 

IMG955193.png.54034522163370becd5c274c9e295c10.png

In the spirit of Ghosts... Now that Halloween is over and our next Holiday nears, doesn't mean that the ghost are on vacation and they are not still here.

Quite the contrary as time will tell when more visiting contributors speak of things they've seen, heard or smelled.

So whip out your cameras and snap away then go back to look at what you may have captured today.. 😊 

• Like 1