Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Chrysler 300

Lucius Molchany

Best of luck with this Phillip.Ā 

One of my earliest builds (now stripped back waiting for a rebuild), I remember being impressed by the quality of this kit.

Slightly off topic, but one thing I never quite understood re the real thing, factory colour options were limited to five two of which were black and white.

Edited by Yeah Nah

2 hours ago, Yeah Nah said:

Slightly off topic, but one thing I never quite understood re the real thing, factory colour options were limited to five two of which were black and white.

At Chrysler Corporation, especially in those days, the customer was ALWAYS right, and the attitude of "Anything Goes" was standard operating procedure, provided the customer had the coin that is..

So naturally, there were many '57 Cs that left the factory in colors other than the standard 5..

So as not to derail this W.I.P. thread too much, I won't give the precise breakdown by color here, but I'll say that '57 Cs were built in a total of 20 colors, including the standard 5, AND 1 that was custom built in two-tone paint..

Anyway, this build is lookin good so far, nice paint job!

And this IS a great kit, one of AMTs best, and my #1 favorite kit of them all..

Biggest inaccuracy in the kit is the smooth valve covers..

They should say "Chrysler Fire Power"..

These can be found in the Moebius '55 and '56 kits, if one were so inclined..

• Like 1