Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fordoni y Falacy

Helipilot16

I'm sure most of you have heard of the old coachbuilding firm, "Figoni y Falachi". Well, I've decided to build my own version of what they might have done with a 40 ford convertible if it was built recently.

I will be posting pictures soon of my work in progress. I haven't settled on an engine for the car, so suggestions are welcome. Remember, it will have a long hood.

Edited by Helipilot16

I'm with Andy, keep it in the family...V12 flathead from the '41 Lincoln a good start.

Or maybe siamese two Yamaha SHO V6's from the AMT Taurus SHO...one of the coolest looking engines ever, imagine it as a V12, if you are thinking about a modern take on the concept.

The modern Aston Martin V12's are an offshoot of the Ford modular engine program, so combining 1 1/2 Mustang engines to make a V12 wouldn't be out of the question.

Of course robbing a Ferrari 612 Scaglietti or 599 GTB Fiorano (both Revell Germany) for modern V12 engines would be cool too.

I'm leaning toward a Lincoln V12, although I have a Cad V16 I could use. My first thought was to build a V16 out of two 302 Ford V8s. I might scratch build some overhead cams for this engine.

I would post some pictures, but I can't find my camera battery charger.

1937delahaye.jpg

Harry :D

This a beautiful hand-made "ART DECO" style Delahaye. Been collecting picture's for years, on these styles of stunning "Rolling Art", with tons of incredible "SWIRLY CHROME" all over the body.

Some day........!

In the mean time, I'll enjoy watching how this build turns out Marcus :lol: .

Great start on your project, that'll mirror one of the most wonderful period's of automotive history.

Keep us all up to date - dave :P

Edited by Treehugger Dave