Model Cars Magazine Forum

Car Kulture

I believe that car kulture deluxe and ol skool have gone to subscription only.

The old paradigm for magazines just does not work anymore. Magazines survive on advertising dollars and the internet has eroded that severely. In addition printing up thousands of copies and sending them to stores has become too expensive and the unsold copies are destroyed as it's not cost effective to return them. Besides the space in stores for m magazines can be used for higher profit items.

All of this has made it difficult for print magazines to survive

Edited by bobthehobbyguy
Stupid spell check substitution.
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, bobthehobbyguy said:

I believe that car kulture deluxe and ol stool have gone to subscription only.

The old paradigm for magazines just does not work anymore. Magazines survive on advertising dollars and the internet has eroded that severely. In addition printing up thousands of copies and sending them to stores has become too expensive and the unsold copies are destroyed as it's not cost effective to return them. Besides the space in stores for m magazines can be used for higher profit items.

All of this has made it difficult for print magazines to survive.

Ol Stool? I will pass on that...

I read that others like Hot Rod Magazine may be going quarterly. Nobody likes to read it seems, and the old subscribers are just that... old. I used to subscribe to a few, but found it hard to find the time to read them when I was working. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, bobss396 said:

Nobody likes to read it seems...

Why on earth would you WANT to read, when you can become an instant expert on ANYTHING by watching a 3-minute YouTube video?

Reading to acquire in-depth knowledge is for geezers who don't know how to internet.

And reading something printed on paper? Man...don't make me laugh. 

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
  • Like 2

I have a subscription to both Ol' Skool Rodz and Car Kulture DeLuxe magazines. Murpho bought out these two magazines a few years ago when they were failing. They did prop them up as far as content and coverage, but with all the writers, photographers and travels between car shows it is a shame that they didn't make it whether you liked the subjects or not.