Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bandai The Batman Batmobile

nickfzr61

Finally getting around to starting work on the Bandai Batmobile kit my son gave me last Christmas. Man does time fly. 
Scale is 1/35. Packaging is very nice and parts are crisp without mold or injection marks. Pretty cool how they have clear and colored parts on the same tree. 
Started with the engine. Airbrushed Alcad metalics. 

C33A6A37-185E-4064-907C-3DF9A9BC859A.jpeg

5125557C-60ED-4DB7-B656-08BEF049FC0B.jpeg

882769C7-B022-4ED5-BF0A-C11F9F43951B.jpeg

8562858D-F218-408B-889C-59E067804C16.jpeg

9C824F8A-6538-471B-AF18-B8641091ED6D.jpeg

1591AA0C-E3EE-45AE-B3F1-32E1874CF4A5.jpeg

4EDCFBBE-F33A-4469-990B-EA25B57DCE7C.jpeg

66730D97-4F41-4969-82F5-5FD0F9665A81.jpeg

1 hour ago, Leo64 said:

I have that kit also, but haven't started it yet myself.  Looks like you are off to a nice start.  I also bought the 3D files to print one too, I want to see about doing one at 1/25th scale.

Steve A.

I printed mine at 1/24.

Roofline seemed a little off, but that could be my printing. 

I want to print another because I see a few places I could improve it. 

I'm going to look for this Bandai one though. I've been liking the smaller scale stuff lately.

1 hour ago, iamsuperdan said:

I printed mine at 1/24.

Roofline seemed a little off, but that could be my printing. 

I want to print another because I see a few places I could improve it. 

I'm going to look for this Bandai one though. I've been liking the smaller scale stuff lately.

I saw your post. Yours came out nice with alot more detail. I’ve been thinking about getting a printer to make parts but printing full kits makes it even better. 

2 minutes ago, nickfzr61 said:

I saw your post. Yours came out nice with alot more detail. I’ve been thinking about getting a printer to make parts but printing full kits makes it even better. 

Thanks!

I  initially bought the printer with parts in mind. Then it dawned on me that I could print bodies, and full kits. Now I've just picked up a much larger printer and I'm fully addicted.

Smaller printers like the Elegoo Mars series are pretty inexpensive now too. 

:)

6 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

Thanks!

I  initially bought the printer with parts in mind. Then it dawned on me that I could print bodies, and full kits. Now I've just picked up a much larger printer and I'm fully addicted.

Smaller printers like the Elegoo Mars series are pretty inexpensive now too. 

:)

I’m looking at the Mars 3 Pro but I’m worried that it’s too small for larger parts. Any other recommendations for a good budget entry level printer?

25 minutes ago, nickfzr61 said:

I’m looking at the Mars 3 Pro but I’m worried that it’s too small for larger parts. Any other recommendations for a good budget entry level printer?

I had a Mars 2 Pro. Perfect for engines, seats, wheels/tires etc. Could do multi-piece bodies, but not full one piece bodies. So if you don't mind gluing the body parts together, it's a great machine to start with. I just picked up a Saturn 2, wcan do one piece bodies.

Check the 3D printing thread in the "general discussion" section. Lots of talk about printers there, with people that have far more experience than I do with different printers!  

1 hour ago, iamsuperdan said:

I had a Mars 2 Pro. Perfect for engines, seats, wheels/tires etc. Could do multi-piece bodies, but not full one piece bodies. So if you don't mind gluing the body parts together, it's a great machine to start with. I just picked up a Saturn 2, wcan do one piece bodies.

Check the 3D printing thread in the "general discussion" section. Lots of talk about printers there, with people that have far more experience than I do with different printers!  

Thanks for the reply. I’ll check the General Discussion’s section.