Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tyler Reddick 'The Beast Unleashed' Hard Monster Toyota Camry TRD NASCAR stock car

Albert Moore

Hi All,

Just completed my Salvinos JR 1/24th scale NASCAR Toyota Camry TRD stock car, with decals for Tyler Reddick's 'The Beast Unleashed' Hard Monster 6.0% scheme that was run at select events this past NASCAR Cup Series season. This is my first completed NASCAR model since 2001, and the first Salvinos JR model kit I've built. I learned a lot of things that will be applied to the next Salvinos JR NASCAR kit I build, which will be another Beast Unleashed car- specifically Riley Herbst's White Haze-schemed Mustang he drove in the fall Talladega race. The paint is Tamiya TS-14 gloss black, which was decanted and airbrush, wet-sanded smooth, and then clearcoated with Testors Lacquer Glosscote (after the decals were applied). For the graphics, I used a 3 Amigos Decal set, which comprised of two sheets- one that had the neon green graphics which needed to be applied over white underlays, and the second sheet had the main graphics, including the impressive eye graphic for the hood.  Decals from a Powerslide Modern Stock Cars Goodies set were used for items like the windshield film tear-off tabs, inspection sticker, weight jack location markers, etc. 

53372660989_a68721e161_c.jpg

53372345536_c2e3a01a95_c.jpg

53372796150_f1feb886fd_c.jpg

53372661434_7011d4657c_c.jpg

53372530308_872f985a7d_c.jpg

53372796755_0d042bc05d_c.jpg

53372797965_5001f5892c_c.jpg

53372663434_1caf796650_c.jpg

53372532443_ed2fede857_c.jpg

Work in progress thread here-

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Albert

Edited by Albert Moore
Can't brain when typing today.
  • Like 1

Thank you all for the kind comments on my model.  I've got back into NASCAR this past season after a 15 year absence of not following it. Suffice it to say, a lot of changes have taken place in that time period. Some of the changes are good, some not so much, but overall, it's not the poo show it was by the end of the 2007 season, IMHO.

8 hours ago, Mattilacken said:

Turned out great! Stickers work is great! btw, what is the sponsor a Monster alco drink?

@Mattilacken The Beast Unleashed is Monster's alcoholic beverage. Quite good I might add. Lord knows I indulged in plenty of them, especially while building this model. 😁

Cheers,

Albert

• Haha 1