Model Cars Magazine Forum

My year in styrene- the 2023 edition

Claude Thibodeau

Dear Claude, 2023 was what we could call a "grand cru" as we say in French for the master of styrene and thank you for this forum to offer the opportunity to a large audience to be able to appreciate!

I had the chance to see them in the flesh as you say so well and I can confirm that the camera lens did not improve these gems in any way because they look just as beautiful on the exhibition table! 👌

Thank you for the endless inspiration you produce my friend, fun with styrene! 😉

What a fantastic collection of models!  Variety, imagination, and skill are all evident - it looks like you're making the most of your retirement!  Let's hope that more of us will be able to so, either now for those who are already retired, or in the future for those of us still working.

On 12/26/2023 at 11:27 AM, Steve H said:

Hello Claude, hope you and your family are having a wonderful holiday season. I always enjoy your amazing creations. Your  imaginative builds have so many “little” details, the more you look, the more you see. A master at work! Great variety of subjects as usual, impossible for me to pick a favourite as I like them all for different reasons. I missed a few of these thru the year, so thank you for sharing again.

Cheers, Steve

Hi Steve!

Thank you, and the best to you in 24. I'm certain you'll surprise us with some high caliber stuff... Again!

CT

On 1/1/2024 at 11:36 AM, moparmike619 said:

I remember looking at most of these posts throughout the year and thinking to myself (more than once) “how does he do that?” Some truly awe inspiring stuff…looking forward to more in 24!

Hi Mike!

Thank tou. Well... I try to think out of the box, and spend waaaaay too much time on them. Voilà!

CT

On 1/6/2024 at 11:24 AM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

Dear Claude, 2023 was what we could call a "grand cru" as we say in French for the master of styrene and thank you for this forum to offer the opportunity to a large audience to be able to appreciate!

I had the chance to see them in the flesh as you say so well and I can confirm that the camera lens did not improve these gems in any way because they look just as beautiful on the exhibition table! 👌

Thank you for the endless inspiration you produce my friend, fun with styrene! 😉

Merci Francis!

Your writing style has nothing to envy to Molière, you know!

CT

On 1/6/2024 at 3:40 PM, Jim Whalen said:

What a fantastic collection of models!  Variety, imagination, and skill are all evident - it looks like you're making the most of your retirement!  Let's hope that more of us will be able to so, either now for those who are already retired, or in the future for those of us still working.

Thank you James! At least, now I can tell my wife that I have a medical opinion about my addiction to styrene...

CT

On 1/10/2024 at 10:12 PM, Lobo2me said:

Hey Claude;

The boat and a couple of those cars could have driven right out of an episode of The Thunderbirds! Well done....each and every one!!!!

Hi Steve!

Well, never tought about that... but now that you say it...LOL.

CT

• Haha 1

On 1/16/2024 at 1:48 PM, customline said:

These are all amazing, imaginative, extremely well executed projects! Very inspirational, Claude. Every one of them. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Thank you Jim! Now, if you will excuse me... back to the bench!

CT

G'day maaate, you clearly have a wicked imagination, a bit like my, and you do beautiful work, but I do have one question for you, what is and where did you get that amazing gold on the Harley bike.

Kind regards,

Michael Pederick (roadkill)

From the left coast of Australia, being Perth W.A.