Model Cars Magazine Forum

1977 Jeep CJ-7 - Revell/Monogram

I see that Revell will be releasing the old Monogram CJ-7 kit this year, with a similar paint scheme for the box art.

Tim Boyd's article on this kit a few years ago in Scale Auto inspired the build.  A very easy and well detailed kit for an old Monogram.  Model Master metallic brown enamel to replicate the 1970's orange peel paint.  Poached the the decals from different versions of the kit.

Jeep 4.jpg

Jeep 3.jpg

Jeep 2.jpg

Jeep 1.jpg

• Like 4

That's beautiful! I really like the button detailing on the seats. My daughter got upset with me when I said "The Wrangler is a modernized poorly-engineered version of a REAL Jeep (a CJ-7 with a V-8 & manual transmission)." Until she started having issues with hers, that is.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ncbuckeye67 said:

That's beautiful! I really like the button detailing on the seats. My daughter got upset with me when I said "The Wrangler is a modernized poorly-engineered version of a REAL Jeep (a CJ-7 with a V-8 & manual transmission)." Until she started having issues with hers, that is.

Thanks Jeff  Those are supposed to replicate the Levis pants buttons for the "Levi edition."  The new kits will have all the differnt Jeep package decals including the Golden Eagle hood letter decals and gold pinstrips..

• Like 1

15 hours ago, swatters53 said:

Thanks Jeff  Those are supposed to replicate the Levis pants buttons for the "Levi edition."  The new kits will have all the differnt Jeep package decals including the Golden Eagle hood letter decals and gold pinstrips..

I am so excited for that kit to come out. I have the blue & the yellow box art kits (1 built). Can't wait for those Golden Eagle decals! I watched an episode of "Junkyard Empire," where the guy put an AMC 401 in his Jeep & turned it into a Golden Eagle (white with gold decals & wheels).