Model Cars Magazine Forum

International 4300 tractor

3 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

Oh man your breaking out the serious toys now lol, all the gauges and calipers its starting to remind me of my bench at work

Which wheel set are you using on your trailer 

I had enough left over Modeus rims and tires, had to add a bushing to the inside wheel to fit the axle. 

PS…old toolmakers never stop using their tools 😉🥴😉

• Like 1

Cool tool!

Of course, this is a science project needing accurate measurements! :)  

I actually had do a similar task confirming height on each aide, but all I had was a big level trying to balance it on top of the truck…

Please educate me and help me understand. What are the various uses for machinist blocks? Especially as it applies to modeling? I'm stretching my skill set and venturing into building some big rigs. I have the the International 4300 and Ford LTL 9000 on my build list. Are you using these to square the frame?

I use them mostly for scratch building, holding things square, fixturing and use them to sit the frame on as I am building the truck. No they are not necessary, they are just a nice additional tool. A more important tool is my calipers, for instance I build a 4 bag air suspension and the molding process had some air bags at different heights, which when done you could possibly have a set of wheels that will not touch the table as the other wheels do ( one set hanging in the air). 

5 hours ago, Dys said:

Please educate me and help me understand. What are the various uses for machinist blocks? Especially as it applies to modeling? I'm stretching my skill set and venturing into building some big rigs. I have the the International 4300 and Ford LTL 9000 on my build list. Are you using these to square the frame?

• 2 weeks later...