Model Cars Magazine Forum

I am going to attempt to build the new Model Factory Hiro Ferrari F2003 GA in of course 1/12. This is the version that Michael Schumacher drove in the Italian Grand Prix. I will have to say he is one of my favorite drivers and I’m super stoked to build this. 

As for the P4, I will be getting back on it probably after this one finished 

IMG_4195.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Roncla said:

i had preordered one of these off MFH and they even  acknowledged my order but then they never did get back to me and I see its now listed as out of stock.

Have you contacted Kyoko or Ernie? They may be still making another batch. The first one sold out on pre orders.

hopefully you’ll get a invoice soon 😉

1 hour ago, Nacho Z said:

Woohoo!!!  I’m living vicariously through you, Chris!  Oh man, please post tons of WIP updates.  I truly am excited about this one!

Will do so sir! I will hopefully have some good bench time this weekend before the big game 

• 2 weeks later...

I did have the rest of the rear suspension painted and decaled, I also had the rear brakes as well as the bottom of the rear wing. I added some carbon decals to the bottom wing. I like it better than the semi gloss black. 
I do enjoy having everything ready to go, then when I assemble it looks like I’m making progress. Hope you like 👍 

IMG_4210.jpeg

IMG_4211.jpeg

IMG_4212.jpeg

IMG_4213.jpeg

IMG_4214.jpeg

IMG_4215.jpeg

IMG_4216.jpeg

IMG_4217.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nacho Z said:

Looking good!!  Who’s paint did you use and what color?

I use Gravity Colors # 114 Ferrari Rosso Scuderia. Over Tamiya grey primer.

I have been using Gravity Colors for a while and have had great success with using it 😁

• Like 1

Gorgeous Chris, 

Michael was always my favorite driver and this car to me was the top of the mountain for both him and Ferrari.  Can't wait to see her as you progress.  You're doing her justice for sure!

cheers, tim

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chris Smith said:

I use Gravity Colors # 114 Ferrari Rosso Scuderia. Over Tamiya grey primer.

I have been using Gravity Colors for a while and have had great success with using it 😁

Very nice! I am right there with you. Gravity is the first place I will go to, to look for a particular color. The shipping from Spain is inexpensive and ridiculously fast. I've never received the wrong paint nor have I received any broken bottles. No, I'm not a paid spokesman, but I could be! 😆

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Randy D said:

Paint looks great Chris!!

Nice looking paint stash👍

Chris ,what are the small rectangular gold decals on the suspension components?

Randy

Well to tell you the truth I don’t know 😂

they do have on the real car have some sort of thermometer on the suspension that reads in deg Celsius. I was going by my reference photos.

As we know can’t have enough paint 😁IMG_4224.jpeg.2877f43bb563c791f188a2457ae18b52.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Superb progress so far!  And impressive work on CF decals!

And talking about paint collections, I didn't know Alclad offer that many colors! :) 

Those golden stickers are used to measure highest temperature reached during actual races.  The color changes in the temp box permanently so you will know how hot things became even after the car cools down.

Edited by cifenet
  • Like 1

C net is correct - those markings are heat sensors - sometimes also used on radiators - were these included in the kit - and are the susp arms clear-coated after you’ve applied the carbon decals ?

8 hours ago, cifenet said:

Superb progress so far!  And impressive work on CF decals!

And talking about paint collections, I didn't know Alclad offer that many colors! :) 

Those golden stickers are used to measure highest temperature reached during actual races.  The color changes in the temp box permanently so you will know how hot things became even after the car cools down.

Thank you for the compliment and also for the education 😁

1 hour ago, absmiami said:

C net is correct - those markings are heat sensors - sometimes also used on radiators - were these included in the kit - and are the susp arms clear-coated after you’ve applied the carbon decals ?

The decals where included and I did not clear over the decals