Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mopar valve covers

Classicgas

The only 3D Mopar valve covers that look somewhat like those are like the ones in the attached pics.  I found a seller on eBay offering a set, and the 3DModelspecialties and Cults3D website where you can buy the files to print.  I don't know if any resin caster offers something like them, but I don't know Mopars all that well.

Steve A.

All-VC2s.jpg

3296306477.jpg

9 hours ago, Exotics_Builder said:

I checked an AMT 49 Mercury kit in my stash and they are in there.  Even have the Weiand logo.  Not sure what Mopar engine is in the kit, but the valve covers are there

IIRC, it's supposed to be a 426 wedge. It was the current hot engine when the kit was first done back in the early '60s.

I did not realize that those were Weiand valve covers you were looking for.  Maybe when I get my new glasses I'll be able to see better. lol  Anyways, I had resin cast a bunch of different valve covers I had in my spare parts stash awhile back, and thought there was a Weiand one in there.  I checked my stuff in storage, and found the resin cast stuff, but the Weiand one I have looks different than the one you showed. I have 5 sets that you are welcome to if they will work for you.

Steve A.

IMG_20240224_152336671.jpg