Model Cars Magazine Forum

1:43 scale peterbilt

3 hours ago, Rockford said:

Looks like a great project.

I have a real affection for the kit on the bottom. I intend to do that stripe combo on a 359 one day. 

Its a good looking truck for sure, that would be pretty sweet!

• Like 1

Nice choice I have several of these in progress and about 20+ unbuilt these are my favorite of the TNT series. Here’s my link if you want to look at some I’m working on. 

Edited by Pete68
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Pete68 said:

Nice choice I have several of these in progress and about 20+ unbuilt these are my favorite of the TNT series. Here’s my link if you want to look at some I’m working on. 

So far i really like this kit. I wish they would reissue them, id like to do a single drive like your one in the middle

On 2/20/2024 at 10:33 AM, 53gmc said:

So far i really like this kit. I wish they would reissue them, id like to do a single drive like your one in the middle

Yes it would be nice but Heller has the molds and they redone the 359 cab a little when they got them. Not for sure if Heller still has the molds are not. Thanks I custom made the decals for the single axle and also made single headlights for it. I need to get back on some of these and finish them. 

Edited by Pete68
  • Like 1

On 2/22/2024 at 5:39 AM, Pete68 said:

Yes it would be nice but Heller has the molds and they redone the 359 cab a little when they got them. Not for sure if Heller still has the molds are not. Thanks I custom made the decals for the single axle and also made single headlights for it. I need to get back on some of these and finish them. 

Im thinking of doing the single headlights on this one

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 53gmc said:

Between the two kits i so far have enough parts for one good rig

20240225_133843.jpg

On the front axle you may have to raise it a little they always seem to squat in the front. I always put a small piece of styrene under the springs to raise it up. Just thought I would let you know 

• Like 3

Just now, Pete68 said:

On the front axle you may have to raise it a little they always seem to squat in the front. I always put a small piece of styrene under the springs to raise it up. Also the steering box may interfere with the way the hood sits on the cab you may have to adjust it too. Just thought I would let you know 

On 2/25/2024 at 6:45 PM, Pete68 said:

On the front axle you may have to raise it a little they always seem to squat in the front. I always put a small piece of styrene under the springs to raise it up. Just thought I would let you know 

Good to know, thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/18/2024 at 4:45 PM, cifenet said:

Great work putting this together and presenting it here.  I am surprised that it has all the right details considering 1/43rd scale!

Love the color too.  

They're very well detailed for the size, thank you!

On 3/18/2024 at 6:24 PM, Edward Gore said:

Nice finish. What color did you paint it?

Its a honda blue i found on sale at autozone, ill have to check the color when i get home

• Like 1