Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Two Lane Blacktop on Turner Clasic

Guest promodmerc

I just bought a copy of that off of Amazon.com last week and watched it last Saturday when it arrived. I've already got a '55 started. I wanted the movie so I could get details for the car. I took Revell's '55 Street Machine and cut the front clip off to make the flip front end. Needs some work though. Did not come out as clean as I hoped for. Wonder how most you cut out doors and clips and stuff.

I tried watching that movie once and found it unwatchable...couldn't get into it and turned off after about 20 min. Will have to give it a try again sometime.

I watched it all the way through, but it was not what I expected at all. I think it's because it was too hyped up over the years and I expected wayyyy too much when I finally got a copy of it.

the plot is not to involved and the acting is amateurish but, watch it for the cars. if you want to see a really bizarre car movie get HOT ROD with Greg Henry, Pernell Roberts and Robert Culp. really weird but got great cars in it.

Like some of these ... :P

100_1410.jpg

100_1528.jpg

willy_10.jpg

Edited by dwc43

G,day , I remember watchin the HOT ROD movie years ago , ( got it here on beta tape somewhere ) still recon that the rollover of the black plymouth is the worst on film so far . Cheer,s

Yeah, it broke my heart to watch them roll that '65 Plymouth like that. I'm a Mopar guy so it hurts more for us ... lol.

I think Two-Lane Blacktop is awesome. I love the part where James Taylor is trying to teach Laurie Bird how to drive a 4 speed. "You're right, you can't do it." And Hot Rod, I remember renting that from our local library when I was a kid but I haven't seen it on tv or on dvd or video since. I remeber it being cool though. BTW I really like that model of that Willys. And the Two-Lane 55, a member of the 3 Rivers Auto Modelers built the best one I've ever seen. It's been on display at a lot of their events. If Tom Jackson or Sully see this post they'd be able to tell you who did it and maybe post a pic.

hey guys! i said HOT ROD was a little bizarre not that i didn't like it!. how about when Robert Culp, who owns a car museum and a burger joint, says to his kid to get his car off the drive in lot "because you know what kind of stuff that attracts". or how about when everybody gives Greg Henry every part for his car for FREE. when would you ever see that happening? i also have the movie and like it for the cars not the acting! as far as the roll over goes, a guy who spent that much time working on his car, i think, would think twice before racing someone on a country road. besides, it's a drag car not a road race car. except, who am i to say what people will do. i personally think Heart Like Wheel is the best car movie ever made. good acting and great car scenes. i also have 2 '33 willys and i am in the process of getting a '40 pick up and i have had 4 '55 chevies so, i like the movies for the cars.

Edited by flatheadgary

Hmm...'Hot Rod', eh? Will have to see if Netflix has that one. My favorite car flicks (more of the car chase genre) as far as the old ones go are 'Bullitt', 'Duel' and 'Vanishing Point', seen each one many times. Also like 'French Connection' and 'Seven Ups' though those are solid crime dramas that have car chases (as Bullitt is also).

As far as more recent movies, I love 'Ronin' and like the 'Transporter' movies also.... I've seen all of the 'Fast and the Furious' flicks, pretty bad as far as the acting and 'story', but some neat cars..

Trivia question, in what movies were these two '55's used and how are they related:

Intere1a.gif

1955ChevAmGraf2%20(2).jpg

Built and prepared by Richard Ruth Engineering I believe(May 1976 Street Rodder mag)

JT

Drat drat and double drat! posted that before reading the link :blink::P

Edited by HotRodaSaurus

G,day , I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that the movie two lane black top ran out of money, so the big crash scene was not filmed so they went with the film burning up. The car sat around until another low budget film maker brought it and fixed it up a little bit and then presto , graffiti .Cheer's . :rolleyes: