Model Cars Magazine Forum

IPMS Richmond Old Dominion Open

daveb7153

On 2/22/2024 at 6:10 PM, daveb7153 said:

This is taking place this coming Saturday. It's usually a good time and normally well attended by various vendors. It's held at the speedway.

Is this event held regularly around this time of the year? I knew about it because I just missed it last year and have been watching for it here since.  Well, I missed it again. 😕  Was this the only notice or did I miss one earlier on?   There's not a lot of these events around south eastern VA but this one is only an hour and a half drive. I would really like to attend this one next year if I'm still breathing. 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2024 at 8:31 AM, daveb7153 said:

It's held pretty close to the same time every year. Next year, I'll try to get it posted a little earlier. I've posted the Roanoke show that's this coming Saturday. 

Thanks, Dave.  Roanoke is just too far for me these days. 

Gotcha, and I understand that; I don't travel as far as I once did. I think I'm gonna make the trip up from High Point, in search of the elusive " Harrell's Camaro" funny car.

I'm too hardheaded to quit looking.

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2024 at 10:14 PM, customline said:

Is this event held regularly around this time of the year? I knew about it because I just missed it last year and have been watching for it here since.  Well, I missed it again. 😕  Was this the only notice or did I miss one earlier on?   There's not a lot of these events around south eastern VA but this one is only an hour and a half drive. I would really like to attend this one next year if I'm still breathing. 

It's over 3 hours for me to drive, but several of my fellow club members go (and they drive from the Raleigh area- an additional hour & a half!). I've heard it's a great event, and with the demise of some NC events that I was attending, I may just have to suck it up and plan on attending next year.

2 hours ago, ncbuckeye67 said:

It's over 3 hours for me to drive, but several of my fellow club members go (and they drive from the Raleigh area- an additional hour & a half!). I've heard it's a great event, and with the demise of some NC events that I was attending, I may just have to suck it up and plan on attending next year.

...And hopefully there will be a posting here more than a week in advance of the event. 🙄

• Like 1

I knew about it it well in advance, but my wife and I decided it was too far for a day trip. If you go to the IPMS All Events Calendar, it shows every scheduled event for the whole calendar year. There are links to each event, with the forms you need for registration & entry.

On 4/10/2024 at 8:20 AM, ncbuckeye67 said:

I knew about it it well in advance, but my wife and I decided it was too far for a day trip. If you go to the IPMS All Events Calendar, it shows every scheduled event for the whole calendar year. There are links to each event, with the forms you need for registration & entry.

Thanks, Jeff. Good intel!

• Like 1