Model Cars Magazine Forum

WHATS GOING ON HERE?

1 hour ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Bingo.

They don't even want you to have the option to buy a stripper "work" truck.

Now why do y'all s'pose that is?

There's more profit in the loaded up versions.

On 2/29/2024 at 1:46 PM, Tabbysdaddy said:

I'm pretty sure it would have the electronic feedback Rochester, which has a little computer. The carb would have an electrical connector on the top.

Correct! I had an 83 Camaro and I put a chip in it for a little more power. Yeah, they had a computer in '85.

• Like 1

I have a 2013 Ram w/Hemi with only 117,000 original miles on it most of which is hwy miles driving to the coast and back, not a lot of local driving as I work from home so I don't think it will be going anywhere anytime in the near future, I don't want a $1000 a month truck or car payment!! Bought my wife's 2007 Honda Accord new and it's got 253,000 miles and it's just now getting broke in and it ain't going anywhere either!! Talking about escalating prices I was in HL last week and saw a few Revell model kits for $45 and I thought all the fun is being stolen from the hobby man I can remember back in the late sixties my dad would give me 5 bucks and I would go to the local Sky City department store and I could buy two model kits an a bag of Testors paints, crazy how times have changed.

Keep in mind folks, many (I think most) of these cars are going out as leased, not bought. People look at how much it costs them per month, not the total cost of the vehicle because they aren't keeping it.
The last time I went to look for a newish vehicle for my wife, salespeople didn't even have time for me because I wasn't interested in buying or leasing their fully loaded tech laden money makers.

1 hour ago, MeatMan said:

Correct! I had an 83 Camaro and I put a chip in it for a little more power. Yeah, they had a computer in '85.

That was never in question Dennis. I was ONLY referring to MY OWN car which does not have any computers.

I don't know how that could have been mistaken that I was referring to ALL 3rd gen F-bodies but it seems it did.

I think Sean and I have the misunderstanding straitened out 😉

• Like 3

My boss has been going to an auction company out in Hesperia that sells a lot of former government fleet vehicles; still some deals to be had there and the trucks are pretty basic. He just got an '05 long-wheelbase V10 Ford van with a little over 100k on it for two grand; needs a little work but it drove home OK. Found out it was used to haul stuff around for the state prison at Corcoran.

239220483_1800x1135_1000000000_CENTER_FFFFFF.jpg.8ee658dd1e9653636d597c52684de629.jpg

A/C and power windows (working), rubber mat floor, and some interesting brackets on the floor in case you're into like bondage or something...:lol:

239220503_1800x1135_1000000000_CENTER_FFFFFF.jpg.ad3f795f3f83ca102eee3f4af818182b.jpg

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

My boss has been going to an auction company out in Hesperia that sells a lot of former government fleet vehicles; still some deals to be had there and the trucks are pretty basic. He just got an '05 long-wheelbase V10 Ford van with a little over 100k on it for two grand; needs a little work but it drove home OK. Found out it was used to haul stuff around for the state prison at Corcoran.

239220483_1800x1135_1000000000_CENTER_FFFFFF.jpg.8ee658dd1e9653636d597c52684de629.jpg

A/C and power windows (working), rubber mat floor, and some interesting brackets on the floor in case you're into like bondage or something...:lol:

239220503_1800x1135_1000000000_CENTER_FFFFFF.jpg.ad3f795f3f83ca102eee3f4af818182b.jpg

Those are for the bad guys that missed Sunday School. 

• Haha 1