Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

1960 Ford P/U alternate grilles


Recommended Posts

With the release of the new 1960 Ford P/U I hope someone is working on alternate grilles for this truck. As there is little difference in the sheet metal for these Ford trucks from 1957 to 1960, grilles for the earlier years should be great sellers....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Of that body style, the 1957 is my favorite. I think ModelHaus did a version of that, but I never got around to ordering one and now it's too late.

I imagine if the kits sell in the numbers I think they will, Round 2 might get ambitious and do different years of them.

Edited by oldcarfan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, oldcarfan said:

Of that body style, the 1957 is my favorite. I think ModelHaus did a version of that, but I never got around to ordering one and now it's too late.

I imagine if the kits sell in the numbers I think they will, Round 2 might get ambitious and do different years of them.

With Round 2 it's hard to tell, now if Moebius had released it, it'd be a surety.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I suggested to 2007Frontier on eBay that since he already makes the 57 and 58 grilles that with the release of this kit it might behoove him to just cast the grille and sell it separately but he refused.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/27/2024 at 5:54 PM, Fabrux said:

The '59 would be doable with a grille swap and hood insert while the '58 hood is different. And the '57 has a different lower valance panel between the grille and bumper...

1st 700 Quad,  Fabrux

'57 and '58 share the same hoods, lower valance, and round park lamps. The leading edge of the '57-'58 hood is flatter (sans the "snout") and more laid back than the '59-'60 hoods. 

I owned a 1 to 1 scale 1958 from 1985-1987.

'57 and '58 also have a different front bumper than the '59-'60 

Edited by garagepunk66
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, garagepunk66 said:

1st 700 Quad,  Fabrux

'57 and '58 share the same hoods, lower valance, and round park lamps. The leading edge of the '57-'58 hood is flatter (sans the "snout") and more laid back than the '59-'60 hoods. 

I owned a 1 to 1 scale 1958 from 1985-1987.

'57 and '58 also have a different front bumper than the '59-'60 

Well that would be great because the 59 grille was used in 60 on the heavier duty trucks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/29/2024 at 10:41 AM, 1st 700 Quad said:

With Round 2 it's hard to tell, now if Moebius had released it, it'd be a surety.

Speaking for myself, I guess I'd rather have an accurately rendered scale representation, even with limited parts count and one grill, than four different grills to apply to a caricature of the subject ...  ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...