Model Cars Magazine Forum

International Harvester Scout II (2nd Build)

Thank you for following along on my other build - that disaster and hopefully soon subsequent rebuild is mostly documented here:

In the meantime, I snagged a good deal on another Scout II kit and decided to do the smart thing and build it straight from the box, so here goes:

So far, I've painted most parts.  I plan to "carpet" the front of the cab with some flocking.  Color is old Testor's Model Master Green Go (Dodge 1970/71) Sublime Green. These were cool paints and I hate that they were discontinued.  In retrospect, I probably should have decanted and used my airbrush, but I've made it this far.  

2024-03-03-10-46-23-884.jpeg

White top is Tamiya primer, followed by a thin coat of Tamiya Pure White.

2024-03-03-10-46-33-504.jpeg

The black is Mr. Finishing Surfacer 1500 Black, and the reddish seats are Tamiya Oxide Red primer.  I'll carpet the front with flocking and need to figure what color to paint the (barely present) door cards.

2024-03-03-10-47-01-827.jpeg

Edited by Jonathan
  • Like 6

Marathon masking to shot a small bit of Alclad.

I'm not sure what the black spot is on the passenger rear.  I've tried to polish it out, and I polished through the clearcoat and started hitting the base color, so I stopped.  Think I'll mount an antenna there to hide it.  (I "think" it's the panel liner accent that I was using, but not sure...)

Lots of orange peel in this one, but I'm going to live with it.

2024-03-05-21-53-30-860_orig.jpeg

I'm certain the engine is the wrong color, but given the total lack of detail under the hood, I'll probably glue the hood shut anyway.

2024-03-05-21-54-29-706_orig.jpeg

Interior is straight from the box.

2024-03-05-21-54-40-778_orig.jpeg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

I like the colors…it’s looking good!👍

Thank you.  In person, it's sorta, kinda, maybe a little close to Grenoble Green.    Well, definitely 70's green of some shade. :)

Getting close.  I took a chance on the Rallye decals and I'm not sure if I like them or not.  The AMT (Round2) decals confirm to curves "okay".  I should have waited until the side panels dried completely before adding the hood decals. I got ahead of myself (I blame the dehydrator) and now I have a big fat gap in the stripe across the front quarter panel.   It's done now. :)

Need to add mirrors, possibly an antenna, and I now see that I forgot to paint the front marker/signal lights. 

2024-03-11-21-58-09-136_orig.jpeg

2024-03-11-21-58-19-799_orig.jpeg

2024-03-11-21-57-59-945_orig.jpeg

• Like 4