Model Cars Magazine Forum

The price of something model related actually went down?

SDC

In a world where prices seem to regularly increase, it's a pleasant surprise when they go the other way, even if it's just a buck.

This weekend I reached into the case at Hobby Lobby for a can of $10.99 Mr Hobby Surfacer 1000 I've been using, only to find that a $9.99 sticker placed over the normal $10.99 sticker.  

It's like I hit the micro lottery or something.  😎

Now I'll just sit back and wait for someone to let the wind out of my sail by telling me their HL sells it for $7.99 or some nonsense.  LOL.

MHS1000.jpg.fc58c90419cf352304e825cea5f659f9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Amazing.

Also amazing...the Publix-brand lunchmeat I favor for workday sandwiches went from pushing $9 a pound down to under $7 again, about where it was in early 2021.

However...HO scale code 83 Flextrack in 36" lengths has gone from about $7.50 a couple years back to pushing $12 today.

So glad I don't like eating the track anymore.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Amazing.

Also amazing...the Publix-brand lunchmeat I favor for workday sandwiches went from pushing $9 a pound down to under $7 again, about where it was in early 2021.

However...HO scale code 83 Flextrack in 36" lengths has gone from about $7.50 a couple years back to pushing $12 today.

So glad I don't like eating the track anymore.

Publix has gotten excessively expensive post pandemic. I'm shocked that they lowered the price on anything! I worked in the maint. shops there for 9 years. They used to give us freebies, they even cut all that out. I used to joke with my boss "y'all don't pay me enough to be able to afford shopping there." 

Unless it's changed, they used to make all their publix branded lunchmeats right there in the deli plant. Occasionally I'd have to go over there and recover a broken down piece of equipment.

5 minutes ago, RSchnell said:

Publix has gotten excessively expensive post pandemic. I'm shocked that they lowered the price on anything!

Publix has worked well for me over the years, as their frequent "buy one, get one free" pricing determines a large part of my weekly menu choices.

I just got back in after spending $89.67...which would have been $36.96 MORE without the BOGO savings.

That's pretty significant...and I eat quite well, quite healthy.

My local store is only a mile away too, so I'll often walk if I don't need more than 20 pounds or so of stuff.

• Like 1