Model Cars Magazine Forum

I like it, I like it. The roll pan on the front looks good along with your weathering. I love the american ford falcon(nothing against the Australian or Argentinian falcons though) it doesn't really matter the year (I do have a soft spot for the 66-70s because my dad's first car was a 66 and he still has it and still takes it out).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Brockc said:

Yeah I did use the salt method on it 

I'm going to attempt that for the first time on my current build. My club has two annual build-offs. One at Christmas where we all build the same kit, and the other in July that's called "It's all in the cards" Challenge. We draw two cards (from two different decks). One card is a "Theme", and the other is a "Build Style". The "Theme" is tv/movie (one of mine) racing, full custom, etc. The "Build Style" is weathered (my 2nd card), rat rod, phantom, etc. Since I have two "Supernatural" Impalas, I'm attempting a rusty beater (the show is partially based in Ohio, after all).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ncbuckeye67 said:

I'm going to attempt that for the first time on my current build. My club has two annual build-offs. One at Christmas where we all build the same kit, and the other in July that's called "It's all in the cards" Challenge. We draw two cards (from two different decks). One card is a "Theme", and the other is a "Build Style". The "Theme" is tv/movie (one of mine) racing, full custom, etc. The "Build Style" is weathered (my 2nd card), rat rod, phantom, etc. Since I have two "Supernatural" Impalas, I'm attempting a rusty beater (the show is partially based in Ohio, after all).

That's a good idea for a car. Another tv/movie that is kind of weatherd is the two lane blacktop 55 chevy.

• Like 2