Model Cars Magazine Forum

This is the Landmaster. It was built by Dean Jeffries for the 1977 film "Damnation Alley." The model is a 3D print in 1/25 scale so it's about 17+ inches long.

The main structure came in nine pieces which had to be fitted and glued together. It's supposed to swivel at the center like the actual truck but the mechanism was clunky so I glued everything solid. Beyond that, the center section is the wrong shape so that it can swivel, but correcting that would have meant reshaping nearly the entire shell. It has no interior, but then neither does the 1:1.

The girl on the motorcycle gives you an idea of relative size.

I've been working on it for about six months and decided I'd done enough. So there it is.

I've included some in-progress shots.

landmastersize.jpeg

landmaster6.jpeg

landmaster11.jpeg

landmaster12.jpeg

Edited by Terry Jessee
  • Like 4

Well done.  I remember that movie.  Jan-Michael Vincent, George Peppard, and something about killer cockroaches.  It was a pretty strange post-apocalyptic movie.  Did you know it was a book?

Edited by Jim B

They used it later in a series of Gas Company Commercials, for the "Road Worrier" IIRC.

Great Build, Terry. I remember riding the bus into L.A. for Doctor appointments at the Sepulveda V.A. and seeing the Landmaster sitting derelict at a shop on the west side of the 405.

You really did  a great job job on the finish.

• 2 weeks later...