Model Cars Magazine Forum

'62 Ford junk body, making it into something

Posted (edited)

The rare "Cross Boss" intake does have two upper rad hose inlets.

I guess I could've made something to bring those together and only have one upper hose, but since I was scratch building a rad anyway, I went with two.

I still need to make that linkage piece.

boss1.jpg

Edited by dino246gt

So I started making an interior, with this tunnel, which needed a side "pod" to clear the shift linkage.

Made up some interior doors, around the windows will be double thickness, upper cards triple, and the lower panel as is, single sheet.

Opened up the dashboard and getting the "tub" figured out.

Once I finish the floor, it has to drop straight in from below, there's no room to wiggle it in.

Trying to fit the pieces together so that they fit the body and the chassis, with only 2 hands is challenging! That solid piece along the back is only temporary.

Here's the pieces so far, seats are from the same Boss 302 kit that I stole the engine from.

IMG_1637.jpg

IMG_1636.JPG

IMG_1640.jpg

IMG_1643.jpg

IMG_1653.JPG

• Like 3

Here's the bottom of that scratch built interior tub.

And, how it'll look once it all goes together.

Of course there's a lot more to add and detail, but because it's such a "Frankenstein" I'm happy that everything fits, test fit, test fit, and test fit again and again, LOL

IMG_1652.JPG

IMG_1647.jpg

• Like 2

I'm always wanting to try something different, so I made up some plaid pattern and printed it on regular paper.

I glued the paper with white glue right onto the Mustang seats which are Tamiya white primer with flat clear.

I think it'll look okay, the whole truck will be one colour, Tamiya TS-44 so a bit of contrast might be nice, and with white wheels and underside, it keeps it all blue and white.

IMG_1654.jpg

IMG_1655.jpg

IMG_1661.JPG

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

This is why I buy cheap kits with missing parts, they are good for something!

After the handles were removed and slightly cleaned up, I drilled them and super glued beading wire then sprayed Revell chrome.

Here's how this interior is coming together, so much fun!

Remember these pictures are huge, and it'll all be inside a cab, so the rough edges won't really show, cheers!

IMG_1662.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg

IMG_1682.jpg

Edited by dino246gt
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...