Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stake bed

1st 700 Quad

I'm pretty sure this is the Chevelle kit I have in 1/25. I need a flat hood for it so I can put a hood scoop on it. Do you have one or know where I can buy one that will fit. I bought two already and they are not even close. One I tried to add plastic to the side and front to get it to work, but every time I start sanding on it, it breaks up in places. I can't seem to be able to build it up.

download.jpg

2 hours ago, dwc43 said:

Do you have one or know where I can buy one that will fit. I bought two already and they are not even close. 

Have you tried Missing link...he has done flat hoods...but I'm not recalling "which" years.

On 3/22/2024 at 3:22 PM, Khils said:

Have you tried Missing link...he has done flat hoods...but I'm not recalling "which" years.

Yes, that's one of the hoods that I have. Matter of fact that's the one I tried added flat plastic to the sides and front and sanding it down. I guess the edge is just not wide enough for the glue to get a good bite on it. Once it dries, and I start sanding it down to match, it just breaks in different places and comes off. I was wondering if I could take some kind of epoxy and run a bead down the side, let it dry, and just sand down the epoxy. Can't turn out any worse than what I have going on right now.

8 minutes ago, dwc43 said:

I was wondering if I could take some kind of epoxy and run a bead down the side, let it dry, and just sand down the epoxy. Can't turn out any worse than what I have going on right now.

My apologies for a bad suggestion 😞

I thought he made them to fit.

That sounds like a possibility ...you have my best wishes.... Good luck!!

52 minutes ago, Khils said:

My apologies for a bad suggestion 😞

I thought he made them to fit.

That sounds like a possibility ...you have my best wishes.... Good luck!!

No, thanks for the suggestion, that hood is the closest so far that came to fitting, but it's off a bit. Which is sad, cause it looks nice otherwise.  And thanks, I need all the luck I can get. lol