Model Cars Magazine Forum

Front tire for Monogram Uncertain T

styromaniac

I dont usually do "show cars " but at a recent Midnight Modelers club auction to raise funds I lucked into a 1966-67 Monogram Mattel edition of Steve Scotts Uncertain T. It was disassembled but not a glue bomb...very buildable....it even had a few extra parts. Unfortunately only one front tire ! I understand the 1/1 car supposedly had Harley Davidson front wheels...so they look fatter than the motorcycle type wheels found in kits like Revell's Road Agent, Mysterion and Tony Nancy 22 Jr dragster....and a tad larger in diameter. Anybody out there have a parts box that might have a broken off Uncertain T front wheel ?...Or maybe knows if those same exact wheels were used in a different Monogram kit...like a Tom Daniels show rod ?

I'd look at other Monogram kits from that era, that have similar front wheels.  Revell and Monogram were separate companies at that time, if parts interchange between kits from that time frame it would be strictly a coincidence.

7 hours ago, magicmustang said:

Don't have any, but have you tried Monogram's 1/24 Trantula or Bad Medicine dragsters ? They look thicker than the 1/25 Revell dragster ones'

You're right ! After posting on a couple of other modeler sites I had some good feedback with pics showing the comparison. But those Monogram Tom Daniels T'rantula dragster kits aint exactly cheap...new or built up.

6 hours ago, Mark said:

I'd look at other Monogram kits from that era, that have similar front wheels.  Revell and Monogram were separate companies at that time, if parts interchange between kits from that time frame it would be strictly a coincidence.

Its sounding like some of those Monogram Revell "T Bucket w/ Trailer" kits released a few times mjght be a solution. I pulled out the edition of the kit molded in black and tan with gold plated parts in lieu of chrome...the Uncertain T spoke front wheel seemed to fit the T Bucket front tire.

• Like 1